Can we upload csv files of hashed emails for Customer Match via the API?

Yang

May 30, 2016, 5:51:20 AM5/30/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi, I have 1-2 million hashed email addresses that I'd like to update weekly for Customer Match. I'm currently doing this via the AdWords UI by chunking into 250K pieces and then uploading as csv file. Is there any way to automate this process via the API? I didn't find anything in the documentation and I think the only option to add emails "at scale" is ~10K at at time.

Thanks,

Yang

Joyce Lava

May 30, 2016, 11:32:17 AM5/30/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Yang,

AdWordsUserListService mutate operation is used to add emails in the user list. You can add a maximum of 10, 000 email addresses for each user list.

You may refer to the Java example code (AddCrmBasedUserList.java) to see how to add remarketing list and upload email addresses to populate the list. Other client libraries are available here.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,
Joyce, AdWords API Team

Yang

May 31, 2016, 11:35:53 PM5/31/16
to AdWords API Forum
Ok, thanks. That worked. However, does this mean that if I have 1,000,000 email address I will need to create 100 separate lists? I've read also that there's no REMOVE available via API so I will have to manually delete these 100 lists from the UI when I refresh every week?

Pls advise, thanks!

Yang

Joyce Lava

Jun 1, 2016, 11:09:47 AM6/1/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Yang,

You don't need to add 100 separate list. You could create one CrmBasedUserListThe first call, which is the mutate, creates the CrmBasedUserList, with no members. The subsequent calls are to mutateMembers, which can then add people to the existing list up to 10,000 per operation/request. If you have 1,000,000 email addresses, you can have 100 different requests for the same user list (e.g. AdwordsUserListService.mutateMembers(mutateMembersOperation1)) , AdwordsUserListService.mutateMembers(mutateMembersOperation2)), ..up to AdwordsUserListService.mutateMembers(mutateMembersOperation100) each mutateMembersOperation contains 10,000 user emails).

Regarding the remove operation in the API, yes, it is currently not supported by AdwordsUserListService, however, as a workaround, you can set the status into CLOSED.

Hope it helps.

Thanks and Regards,
Joyce, AdWords API Team

Yang

Jun 30, 2016, 3:22:27 AM6/30/16
to AdWords API Forum
Thanks Joyce. That works. In terms of efficiency, would you recommend using BatchJobService and/or creating multiple CRM User Lists and using multiple threads if I have 100+ of these mutateMemberOperations to call?

Yang

Joyce Lava

Jun 30, 2016, 5:04:41 AM6/30/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Yang,

As far as I know, BatchJobService does not support UserListOperation. Please refer to this page to see the supported operations. Also, you can process up to 10, 000 userlists in a single mutate call and add up to 10, 000 email addresses for each userlist.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Joyce, AdWords API Team

Message has been deleted