Applying RLSA audiences to adgroups

srke...@hotels.com

Sep 24, 2015, 11:21:44 AM9/24/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi,

How can I get a list of all the adgroups that dont have any RLSA audience applied to it and then apply specific audience list to them and set it to "Bid Only". I am using Python API.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Thanks,
SK

srke...@hotels.com

Oct 5, 2015, 7:05:06 PM10/5/15
to AdWords API Forum
Can someone reply please? maybe a github documentation sample will do and i can take it from there.. i dont find any here... https://github.com/googleads/googleads-python-lib/tree/master/examples/adwords/v201506

Anthony Madrigal

Oct 6, 2015, 2:06:47 PM10/6/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi SK,

Sorry about the delay. In order to grab the relevant adgroups, you will need to run two queries. First, run a query to grab all adgroups. Next, run a query to grab all adgroups with a USERLIST criteria. Then you can remove all entries returned by the second query from the data retrieved in the first query. This will leave you with a list of adgroups that don't have USERLIST criteria.

In order to set an audience to Bid Only, you will need to set the targetAll field in the TargetingSettingDetail to true.

Cheers,
Anthony
AdWords API Team

srke...@hotels.com

Oct 8, 2015, 2:15:13 PM10/8/15
to AdWords API Forum
Thanks Anthony, thats helpful. One more qq. How can i apply an audience to an adgroup? What kind of service would i use? Sorry if this question is very basic. I am using mutatejobservice to update keyword bids in bulk. I am assuming there is a similar service.

Anthony Madrigal

Oct 8, 2015, 4:45:04 PM10/8/15
to AdWords API Forum
Hi SK,

In order to add an audience to an AdGroup, you should the AdGroupCriterionService. You will need to create a criterion of type CriterionUserList and pass it as a Criterion when adding an AdGroupCriterion.

You can follow the section above this link as a guide.

srke...@hotels.com

Oct 12, 2015, 12:25:31 PM10/12/15