How ro get state if a Ad is displayed or not

andreas.schrade

Dec 21, 2011, 1:10:24 PM12/21/11
to AdWhirl Users
Hello,

is it possible to check if a Ad is displayed or not?
I could not found any StateListener in the AdWhirl Android SDK.

This information would be necessary for my purpose to hide the View if
there is nothing to display.

Thank you!

Andreas

Eric Leichtenschlag

Dec 21, 2011, 2:19:57 PM12/21/11
to adwhir...@googlegroups.com
Hello Andreas,

AdWhirl does not have a callback to determine whether or not an ad successfully loaded or not.  If it doesn't get a fill from any network, it just waits for the next refresh to try and fetch an ad again.

I don't recommend hiding the AdWhirlView.  The motivation behind AdWhirl is to improve fill rates to the point where you expect an ad to be shown every time, and so you shouldn't need to think about hiding the view.

Cheers,
Eric

wes

Dec 21, 2011, 2:59:39 PM12/21/11
to adwhir...@googlegroups.com
It's also possible to use a custom event as the last entry in your backfill list.  That way, you could be alerted if things managed to make it all the way down without triggering an ad.

Cheers,
Wes