Re: Upgrading to new iPhone 5

Rajkumar Parameswaran

Sep 17, 2012, 12:10:55 PM9/17/12
to adwhir...@googlegroups.com
You will have to wait for AdMob to recompile the library to support any new architectures. This is going to be released shortly after the release of the iPhone 5. You may also be able to remove support from your app for any newer architectures and get it to compile if you cannot wait.

On Thu, Sep 13, 2012 at 3:08 AM, ddaddy <in...@venderbase.com> wrote:

I've just upgraded my app to run on the new iPhone5 simulator, however when I try to build it for my iPhone 4S device, I get this Apple Mach-O Liner error.

ld: file is universal (3 slices) but does not contain a(n) armv7s slice: /Users/Darren/Documents/Dev stuff/My App/GoogleAdMobAdsSDKiOS-5.0.5/libGoogleAdMobAds.a for architecture armv7s clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)

Can someone shed some light on what this error it and how to fix it? I am using adWhirl with AdMob and iAD.

I don't really want to spend the time updating to AdMob mediation.

Is this fixable?

Thanks

Rajkumar Parameswaran

Sep 19, 2012, 2:21:31 PM9/19/12
to adwhir...@googlegroups.com
There will be a version of AdMob that will be recompiled and released shortly after the release of the iPhone 5. This version will be compatible with armv7s and you can include this in your AdWhirl application to target the new iPhone.

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 2:34 AM, ddaddy <in...@venderbase.com> wrote:
Will they recompile the old AdWhirl version of AdMob? As the new one says it's not compatible with AdWhirl, but they seem to want everyone to start using AdMob mediation.