AdWhirl SDK and Server Open Source Now Available

Nigel Choi

Dec 16, 2009, 3:07:32 PM12/16/09
to AdWhirl Users
We are excited today to announce the launch of the open source
versions of the AdWhirl iPhone SDK and AdWhirl Server. This launch
gives you increased transparency and flexibility in meeting your
mobile ad network mediation needs. Developers currently using AdWhirl
don’t have to make any changes and can continue to use AdWhirl as
before.

The new AdWhirl SDK allows you to include only the code for ad
networks that you actually use, limiting the size of the code you have
to put in your app. It also makes it easy to add new ad networks that
aren't explicitly supported today. The AdWhirl Server has also been
redesigned to be simple for developers to use to host on their own if
they choose to operate their own mediation server.

Both the iPhone SDK and Server source code and installation
documentation are now available for download on Google code. Going
forward we will encourage developers to add to this project and we
invite everyone to join the AdWhirl user group to contribute your own
ideas.

We are committed to improving AdWhirl and we look forward to working
with you in the future.

Jason Morse

Dec 17, 2009, 1:52:25 AM12/17/09
to adwhir...@googlegroups.com
Congrats dude...great work and its awesome to see this go live.

Senior Director, International Operations
E: ja...@admob.com Skype/GTalk: jasonzmorse
US: +1.650.315.5859 JP: +81.90.9145.2254