61st Street Farmers Market seeking Market School hosts

Kelly Fitzpatrick

Apr 21, 2017, 6:13:46 PM4/21/17
to Advocates for Urban Agriculture
Hello AUA!

The 61st Street Farmers Market runs a "Market School" at each market during the outdoor season (Saturdays May 13th - October 28th), and we have lots of dates to fill for 2017! Market School is hosted by an individual, organization, or company that wants to share their expertise in a certain field. Education is the primary focus of the Market School, and it's a chance for market-goers to learn more about a food-related topic of your choice. You're welcome to bring promotional materials for your company or organization, but your main focus should be to engage with and educate customers on your specific expertise.

Market School runs from 10am-1pm (the market is open from 9am-2pm). We provide a tent, table, and chairs; you bring the activity! It must be interactive and relevant to our farmers market, but you're encouraged to get creative with what that looks like for you. Some activities we've had in the past have been:

- Making a cold frame from reused materials (Rebuilding Exchange)
- Growing and using herbs (U of I Extension Master Gardeners)
- How to compost (Healthy Soil Compost)
- Making seed necklaces (Gardeneers)
- Seasonal salad making for kids (The Kids' Table)

The possibilities are endless! If you'd like to sign up, or have questions about the details, please reach out: ke...@experimentalstation.org.

Looking forward to another fun and educational outdoor season!

---
Kelly Fitzpatrick, Market Manager
61st Street Farmers Market
2017 Market School Guidelines.pdf