Chicago Food Justice Coalition -- November 13th Meeting Minutes & Follow Up Survey

edel...@bc.edu

Nov 20, 2017, 5:26:12 PM11/20/17
to Advocates for Urban Agriculture
Greetings AUA Listserv!

On Monday, November 13th, the Chicago Food Justice Coalition held its first meeting. We were excited to see the response through our outreach to this listserv and appreciate the participation from those who were able to attend. Please see below for the follow up e-mail, and feel free to reach out to me at dedel...@lafchicago.org or 312-347-8350 with any questions or comments.

Thank you to everyone who attended the first meeting of the Chicago Food Justice Coalition. We are grateful for your participation, honest feedback, and ideas. It was energizing to learn about the variety of local food justice work; we are excited to be a part of your efforts. For those who were unable to attend, we look forward to hearing from you and to your future participation.

Attached to this e-mail are minutes from the meeting, in both English and Spanish. Additionally, we have created a brief feedback survey, including space for comments on the minutes. Please take a few minutes to respond; we value your input, whether you were in attendance or not.

English: https://goo.gl/forms/fKHiA7Y77wM4YBAl1

Spanish: https://goo.gl/forms/Z4MgrCd6PaWNbNE42

We would like to express our sincere gratitude to Citlali Ochoa from Illinois Legal Aid Online, who translated the minutes and survey.

Providing translation and interpretation will be one of our priorities going forward, but we need your assistance as our internal resources are limited. One of the questions on the survey addresses this critical need.

During the discussion we heard about the variety of local food justice work. Our goal for the Coalition is to be supportive of and complementary to existing organizations and efforts. With that said, we welcome the opportunity to learn about your work and to explore ways to collaborate, and we will be reaching out in this regard.

Our next meeting will be in mid-January (your feedback is also requested through the survey). In the meantime we will be in touch with updates and additional information. We also hope that you will reach out with your questions, your ideas, and your feedback.

We wish you, your families, and communities a happy Thanksgiving.

Best regards,

Daniel & Miguel, on behalf of the Chicago Food Justice Coalition

Chicago Food Justice Coalition_11.13 Meeting notes_ ES.docx
Chicago Food Justice Coalition_11.13 Meeting notes_EN.docx