Fruit Tree Guilds - Demo & Lecture

AnnaMaria Leon

May 26, 2015, 5:44:16 PM5/26/15
to Advocates for Urban Agriculture
Hi, All: I would like to inform you of a demo and lecture I will be giving this weekend:

Guild, or companion, planting is one of the fundamental techniques of permaculture gardening. It taps into permaculture ideas such as self-sufficient systems, plants providing multiple functions, and maximizing the productivity of a plot. Guilds are typically set up around a central fruit tree. Each plant species in the ecosystem performs one or more functions that benefit others in the vicinity, as well as interacting with animal species and soil microorganisms to create an ecosystem.

Annamaria Leon, Edible Landscapes Manager and Permaculture Designer and Teacher will explore these concepts and show a fruit tree guild mock up on site.

Cost: $10

May 30, 2015 9:30 AM - to 10:30 AM

2200 W Grand Avenue

Please register at: