Tomato Fest at Kilbourn Park Organic Greenhouse

Renee Costanzo

Aug 25, 2016, 3:59:33 PM8/25/16
to Advocates for Urban Agriculture
Hello AUA folks,

If you don't have plans and even if you have plans (drop them) and come on out to Kilbourn Park for our annual Tomato Fest. I am trying to help spread the word about a great family/garden friendly event. This is an event put on by the Chicago Park District with help from the following organizations; Slow Food USA, Chicago Culinary Historians, Illinois Extension Master Gardeners, Purple Asparagus and Friends of Kilbourn Park greenhouse. With special guest speaker Barbara Peterson who grows tomatoes professionally and is loaded with all kinds of growing tips. The day will include a variety of activities for all ages themed around the process of preservation and consuming tomatoes. Head to Kilbourn Park (3501 N. Kilbourn Ave. Chicago, IL. 60641) on Sept. 10th from 11am – 2pm and see what Tomato Fest has to offer!
Tomato Fest .pdf