IMAN's 63rd St. Farmers Market 8/17/18

Eric Rodriguez

Aug 15, 2018, 4:09:10 PM8/15/18
to advocates-for-u...@googlegroups.com
AUA Community,

This week at the market
Local food is a great way to grow connections to people in our community and our greater environment. However, living in Chicago, we cannot rely on freshly grown food year-round. A key practice to relying on local food through the winter is food preservation. At this week’s market, we will be calling for folks who are skilled in food preservation to share their skills with our market goers. Join us!

Performer
Tino's Latin Jazz Swing Factor

What: IMAN's Fresh Beats & Eats Farmers Market
Time: 2pm to 6pm
Where: 2744 W 63rd St.
Vendors List:
  1. C. Art Press - Brings hand prepared foods and snacks and herbal infused juices
  2. SoulOshun - Makes naturally made body products that won't harm you when they're supposed to help you.
  3. Jamilah's Creative Catering - Jamilah always offers a wide variety of delicious hot foods.
  4. Nature Enterprise - Cold pressed juices and smoothies
  5. Caring Candles - Earth conscious scented candles that burn cleanly because they use soy-based wax.
  6. Imani Bean Pies - Sweet bean pies that are a staple of Chicago's South Side
  7. Growing Home - A South Side non profit that grows certified organic, locally grown seasonal produce.
  8. The Urban Canopy - A dynamic urban farm that sells organic and local fruit, mushrooms and other produce at our market.
  9. Westside Bee Boyz - An apiary from Chicago's Westside that sells honey sweetened teas and sodas and honey jars, honey straws and more.
Each week you can find the following
  • LINK Accepted
  • LINK Matching (up to $25)
  • Money back for frequent veggie shoppers
  • Special Events
  • Musical Performances
  • Evening Community Drum Circle
About our market
IMAN's Fresh Beats & Eats Farmers Market is a community gather happening on a weekly basis on Fridays. The market is a place where IMAN can engage and organize community members around fighting back with food, through our healthy corner store campaign, our backyard garden, and increasing access and knowledge about healthier eating and its positive effects.

If you have any questions, contact the market manager, Eric Rodriguez, at er...@imancentral.org.

See you there!

--
Eric Rodriguez | Food Ecos Coordinator
| Inner-City Muslim Action Network (IMAN)
| phone: 708.300.5791fax: 773.442.0360
| email: er...@imancentral.org
site:  www.imancentral.org
address:  2744 W. 63rd Street| Chicago, IL 60629
Follow us:

This message is for the designated recipient only and may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received it in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited. Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with IMAN and its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content), may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and assessment of internal compliance with IMAN policy.