CFPAC Chicago Food Policy Summit 2016- Feb 19th

Rodger Cooley

Feb 9, 2016, 1:43:14 PM2/9/16
to Digest Recipients
Invitation to Chicago Food Policy Summit:

The Chicago Food Policy Action Council (CFPAC) values engagement and investment in our collective efforts to create improvement in our local food system.

CFPAC advocates for responsible food and agriculture policy recommendations to promote systemic changes creating self-reliance for all communities in obtaining their food.

You are invited to participate in the CFPAC’s Annual Chicago Food Policy Summit 2016 to be held on Friday, February 19, 2015. We look forward to sharing our achievements and strategic directions for the coming year.  This will be a working meeting.

The event will be held at the Chicago Center for Green Technology, 445 N Sacramento, Chicago, IL, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.  Coffee and networking at 9am, session starts at 9:30am.  Space is limited, so we ask you to RSVP by February 12th. Beverages and snacks will be provided throughout the day with lunch available for purchase.  We are asking for a $15 donation to cover food costs.
Our goal for the summit is to generate an action plan for the year building on the work of the previous year:
  • Good Food Procurement Policy for the City of Chicago
  • Land Access and Tenure for food production
  • Licenses for farms and innovative food businesses including composting
  • Urban Agriculture Policy & Ordinance Updates (i.e. aquaponics, bees, other livestock)
  • Food hubs/distribution/transportation
  • Other topic participants wish to focus on.
We will share the results and continue engaging community during the Good Food Festival’s policy sessions, taking place Friday, March 25th, 2016.

The Chicago Center for Green Technology is a few blocks from the Green Line California stop and at the intersection of Franklin Blvd and Sacramento.  There is a parking lot and a Divvy station on the property.

Please direct any questions to CFPA...@gmail.com.

We look forward to seeing you at CFPAC Chicago Food Policy Summit 2016!

Sincerely,
CFPAC Board of Directors

Erika Allen, Growing Power, Inc.
Daniel Block, Chicago State University