Mushroom Log Workshop May 16th

risingfrequency

May 6, 2015, 10:47:40 AM5/6/15
to advocates-for-u...@googlegroups.com
Please join us for a FUNgi filled day at our beautiful wooded sanctuary in NW Indiana.

In this hands on workshop we'll be covering all the steps of cultivating gourmet/medicinal mushrooms on logs.

After learning about tree selection, wood types, and suitable strains of fungi, we'll jump right into inoculating the logs. After a delicious lunch featuring food from the farm, we'll continue the inoculation process and finally cover the incubation period and care of the logs.

The cost for this workshop is $15. This price covers all the supplies, tools, instruction, and lunch. Folks are also welcomed and encouraged to camp out Friday and Saturday night.

Logs will be on sale for $ 25 after the workshop.

When: Saturday May 16th, 10am central.
Where: Glastonbury(2 hours from Chicago. near Culver, IN.)

Please email Chris to RSVP and for directions: risingf...@gmail.com
For more info/pics on Glastonbury, check out our Face Book page, Glastonbury Institute of Sustainable Living