Fwd: [Chicago Food Policy] CHICAGO: CFPAC Summit 2015 at Chicago Temple This Friday

Gillian Knight

Jan 27, 2015, 3:13:59 PM1/27/15
to advocates-for-u...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: The Chicago Food Policy Action Council <cfpa...@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Jan 27, 2015 at 1:42 PM
Subject: [Chicago Food Policy] CHICAGO: CFPAC Summit 2015 at Chicago Temple This Friday
To: com...@elist.tufts.edu, chicagof...@lists.riseup.net

The Chicago Food Policy Advisory Council
www.chicagofoodpolicy.org

---

The Chicago Food Policy Action Council values your engagement and investment in our collective efforts to create improvement in our local food system.

The Chicago Food Policy Action Council (CFPAC) is a 501c3 non-profit that advocates for responsible food and agriculture policy recommendations and promotes systemic changes creating self-reliance for all communities in obtaining their food.

You are invited to participate in the Chicago Food Policy Action Council’s Annual Summit 2015 to be held on Friday, January 30, 2015. We have not held a working summit in four years and look forward to sharing our achievements and strategic directions for the coming year.  This will be a working meeting. We will share the results and continue engaging community during the Good Food Festival’s policy sessions, taking place Friday, March 20th, 2015.

The event will be held at Chicago Temple, 77 W. Washington, Chicago, IL, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.  Boxed lunches are available for $15, and are the only cost for the event.  Complimentary beverages and snacks will be provided throughout the day. Space is limited.

We ask that you RSVP by Thursday, January 29, 2015 on Brown Paper Tickets. We will conclude with a presentation of a new funding opportunity in Chicago, followed by opportunities to network and a cocktail hour.

Our goal for the summit is to generate an action plan for the year that incorporates the following topics:

·         Local Food and Service Procurement Policy for the City of Chicago

·         Land Access and Tenure for food production

·         Licenses for farms and innovative food businesses

·         Urban Agriculture Policy & Ordinance Updates (i.e., residential compost, aquaponics, bees)

·         Funding:  Opportunities, Strategies, and Collaborations

Please RSVP via brown paper tickets invitation, http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/1152564

Please direct any questions to CFPA...@gmail.com

We look forward to seeing you at CFPAC Summit 2015!

Sincerely,

CFPAC Board of Directors

Erika Allen, Growing Power, Inc.

Daniel Block, Chicago State University