Petition to support SNAP Incentives at Farmers Markets HB6027

Rebecca Osland

Jul 25, 2016, 3:36:50 PM7/25/16
to isa-policy...@googlegroups.com, advocates-for-u...@googlegroups.com, IllinoisL...@yahoogroups.com
Good afternoon,

The Healthy Local Foods Incentives Fund bill, HB6027, has passed the IL House and Senate and is now waiting the Governor’s signature, so we need your help! As you know, this bill would support “Double Value Coupon Programs,” creating affordable access to healthy food at farmers markets and other direct producer-to-consumer venues for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) recipients.

Please follow this link to sign a petition to the Governor here: http://p2a.co/TPr76Wx and we encourage you to circulate the link to your partners too. Attached is the factsheet for your reference and for your partners if they are interested in learning more about the bill and the fund. Also attached is a print version of the petition that you could bring to your local market (with the market manager's permission). Please do not hesitate to reach out with any questions.

Best regards,
Rebecca

Rebecca Osland, J.D., LL.M. | Policy AssociateIllinois Stewardship Alliance - "Local Food Matters" www.ilstewards.orgreb...@ilstewards.org | 217.528.1563

Support Illinois local food and farms - become a member today!

Please note, I work on a 4-day schedule and am usually out of the office on Fridays.
HB 6027 SNAP DVCP fact sheet-3.docx
SNAP HB 6027 Petition to Gov.pdf