Who's your CSA farmer?

Wes King

Apr 22, 2015, 5:19:34 PM4/22/15
to illinoislocalfoods, hfhp-il, Advocates for Urban Agriculture, goodgree...@googlegroups.com, illinoisfarmersmarkets, greenf...@yahoogroups.com
---------- Forwarded message ----------

View this email in your browser
T H E   C H I C A G O LA N D   C S A   C O A L I T I O N

Do you have a farmer yet?

With the onset of more predictable mild weather, farmers are out planting and planning their CSA seasons. Let your farmer know to count you in!

Whether you’re looking for fresh, nutrient-dense vegetables and fruits or humanely raised meat and eggs, Band of Farmers can help you find the CSA that’s right for you.

Find a Pickup Site Near You

Our interactive Pickup Site Map pictured above shows about 250 pickup sites around Chicagoland and will make it easy to find those CSAs that deliver to a location near where you live or work. A few of our member farms offer direct home delivery; that information is listed on the same page as the map.

Despite this broad coverage, there are still pockets of the city and suburbs not served by CSA delivery. If your area is currently not served by a CSA farm, consider creating a pickup site yourself--at your home, your church or school, or at a nearby cafe or other business. Click
here for some tips on how to make it happen.
Pickup Site Map

Band of Farmers
Members

Angelic Organics
Barrington Natural Farms
Bray Grove Farm
Cedar Valley
Sustainable Farm
Earth First Farms
East Slope Farm
Fresh For Life Organics
Genesis Growers
Grassroots Farm
Gray Farms
Green Earth Farm
Harrison Market Gardens
Kings Hill Farm
Klug Orchards
Lamb of God Farm
Montalbano Farms
Moss Funnel Farms
(Joe's Blues)
Peasants' Plot
Purple Leaf Farms
Radical Root Farm
Sandhill Family Farms
Tempel Farms Organics
Three Plaid Farmers
Tomato Mountain Farm
Trogg's Hollow
Willow Ridge Organic Farm
...and more to come
CSA Directory

Your CSA
Concierge

Our project coordinator, Robin Schirmer, is tabling at farmers markets and green events hither and yon for the next several weeks. Let her help you find the CSA in your area that best serves your needs. Find Robin at the Upcoming Events on the Band of Farmers website.

If you know of an event that could use an infusion of helpful CSA info, please let us know!

Band Members
in the News

Vicki Westerhoff of Genesis Growers in St Anne, IL, was recently featured in a national FOX Business News segment, Organic Going Viral? about the growing demand for organic foods. FOX described this as the "organic food fad" but those of us who have changed the way we and our families eat know that it's here to stay.
Copyright © 2015 Band of Farmers: The Chicagoland CSA Coalition, All rights reserved.

Our mailing address is:
Band of Farmers c/o Illinois Stewardship Alliance
230 Broadway St, Suite 200, Springfield IL 62701

Band of Farmers: The Chicagoland CSA Coalition · c/o Illinois Stewardship Alliance · 230 Broadway St, Suite 200 · Springfield, www.bandoffarmers.org 62701 · USA

Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp

--
Wes King
Executive Director

*Support Illinois local food and farms - become a member today!