PLATE OF THE UNION food truck in Chicago (Wrigleyville, Sept. 29)

Debbie Hillman

Sep 26, 2016, 11:09:54 AM9/26/16
to AUA Agriculture for Urban, sustain-...@googlegroups.com, lmor...@ucsusa.org
To:
Advocates for Urban Agriculture (Greater Chicago)
Sustain Evanston (Evanston, IL)
cc:  Evanston Food Exchange  (Jennifer Billingsley, Anne Sills)

Hi, all --

Plate of the Union is a national campaign to raise awareness about food-and-farm policies during the 2016 election.  It is a project of 3 national organizations, including Union of Concerned Scientists.

While I don't agree with their specific goal (targeting presidential candidates only), I support the effort to connect locally and to craft a fairly simple food-and-farm platform.  Here is information on the Chicago event.

CHICAGO EVENT (food truck).  Plate of the Union's national tour, which started at the Democratic and Republican conventions, will stop in Chicago on Thursday (Sept. 29, 4:00 - 6:00 PM).  See attached announcement for more details.

LOCAL PARTNERS?  So far as I can tell, Plate of the Union is not working with any local partners.  Perhaps an opportunity for someone in Greater Chicago?   I am copying Leslie Morrison, UCS National Field Organizer and contact person for this event, in case anyone wants to connect to this initiative.

Note:  The event is in Wrigleyville, near Wrigley Field.  The Cubs are NOT playing in town that day; they'll be in Pittsburgh.  But since Cubs fever is running high, I would expect there will be plenty of activity in the area (people going to the Wrigleyville bars to watch on TV, etc.).

CTA Red Line (Addison stop) is probably the best way to get to the food truck event.  Go Cubs.

-- Debbie

Debbie Hillman
Evanston, Illinois

FOOD, FARMS & DEMOCRACY
Getting specific about life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness

September 29: Plate of the Union Food Truck in Chicago

Plate of the Union is coming to Chicago, and you're invited!

The Union of Concerned Scientists, along with our partners at HEAL Food Alliance and Food Policy Action, launched the
Plate of the Union campaign to raise the profile of food policy during the presidential election cycle. Now we're hitting the campaign trail with the Plate of the Union food truck to bring the message directly to the candidates—while eating some good food!

Plate of the Union Food Truck in Chicago
Date: Thursday, September 29
Time: 4:00-6:00 p.m.
Location: Corner of N. Clark & W. Grace streets, Wrigleyville, Chicago

RSVP today by emailing me at lmor...@ucsusa.org or if you have any questions.

In just the past few weeks, the
Plate of the Union campaign has made stops in New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Washington, DC, and Ohio. Come stop by to check out the food truck while it is in town, learn about the campaign and get free snacks.

Hope to see you there!

Sincerely,

Leslie Morrison
National Field Organizer