Designing with Edibles & Deck & Rooftop Gardens Adult Edu Courses @ Chicago Botanic Garden this Sunday

Luciana Ramirez

Jun 23, 2017, 9:09:18 PM6/23/17
to Advocates for Urban Agriculture
Hi Group!
Master Gardener Bill Shores of the Rick Bayless Gardens is leading two adult education courses at the Joseph Regenstein Jr. School of the Chicago Botanic Garden THIS Sunday June 25th - spots still available!

Designing With Edibles:
Make your growing space colorful, attractive, and productive. We will discuss a variety of innovative ways to incorporate edible plants into your home landscape. These include maximizing visual impact in all kinds of growing spaces such as in-ground beds, raised beds, containers, pathways, arbors, and vertical plantings. We will discuss choosing a design style, blending edible and ornamental plants, successfully using repetition, and selecting plants with season-long interest.
June 25th 9 a.m. - 11 a.m.
1000 Lake Cook Rd, Glencoe, Illinois 60022
Tickets:https://register.chicagobotanic.org/load_screen.asp?screen=gardendesign&cgcode=11

Deck & Rooftop Gardens:
Learn how to turn your deck or rooftop space into an attractive and highly productive growing space. Deck and rooftop gardens include everything from small container gardens to more extensive built-in spaces. We will discuss all the basics to get you off to a great start including container choices, growing media and fertility, watering and drip irrigation systems, choosing appropriate plants for various seasons, and optimizing growing conditions in your space.
June 25th 12 p.m. - 2 p.m.