Crop mob @ Growing Home Nov 5 + some exciting news!

William Burdett

Oct 28, 2016, 2:53:50 PM10/28/16
to Advocates for Urban Agriculture
Hi all,

I'm excited to announce that AUA will be teaming up with Slow Food Chicago in 2017 (and maybe earlier!) to organize a number of field days and crop mobs across Chicago as a way to support and highlight our city's wide range of amazing urban agriculture projects.

Before that collaboration officially gets underway, I want to make sure you're aware of Slow Food Chicago's next crop mob at Growing Home on Saturday, November 5 from 9 till noon. Believe it or not, November is a busy time for urban farmers and help is needed with pulling tomatoes and getting the beds ready for the winter!

Growing Home is located at 5814 S Wood St, Chicago, IL 60636. hile parking at the farm is limited, street parking is available on Wood St. and the 59 bus stops a block away at Wood/59th St.

More info here, RSVP to Drew at dr...@slowfoodchicago.org

Please bring a water bottle and wear closed-toe shoes to the farm for volunteering.

And don't forget about AUA's Urban Farm Field Day at Chicago FarmWorks November 12! See you in the field!

Billy Burdett, Executive Director
Advocates for Urban Agriculture