Job Postings: Windy City Harvest Corps Crew Leaders

Kelly Larsen

Feb 24, 2015, 2:26:42 PM2/24/15
to advocates-for-u...@googlegroups.com
Hello AUA community,

We are gearing up for a big year for Windy City Harvest Corps! We will hire 30 individuals, over 2 cohorts of 3 crews, to work side-by-side with crew leaders at a Windy City Harvest farm site such as Kraft, Rodeo Farm and other WCH sites as needed. The goal of Corps is to be a place of support and motivation for individuals preparing to enter the work force. We provide 13-weeks of full time, on the job, work experience on our farms including one day focused on job readiness activities. We place participants in full time employment with an appropriate partner after successful completion of the 13 week Corps program. We reserve 5 slots for Corps members interested in the WCH Apprenticeship program to transition into a work study crew, if interested.

We are now hiring 2 crew leaders to work with two cohorts of crews of 5-7 participants this season.

Job descriptions are here:

Rodeo Farm Corps Crew Leader (6 month, FT)

Farm Operations Corps Crew Leader (9 month, FT)

Follow all application instructions:

We are looking to hire for a March 16th start date. Applications should be submitted ASAP.

Please review "The TJ Strategy -- work crew model"

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions about these positions. Thank you for sharing with your networks.

Endless harvests,

Kelly Larsen
Manager, Windy City Harvest Corps & Apprenticeship
Chicago Botanic Garden