Carl Christiansen to lead grafting instruction for the Chicago workshop of the Illinois Queen Initiative

Garry Grube

Apr 23, 2017, 11:34:42 PM4/23/17
to Advocates for Urban Agriculture

The Illinois Queen Initiative is proud to announce Carl Christiansen as our grafting instructor for the Chicago queen rearing workshop on April 29th at the North Park Village Nature Center. He is an active member of the Northern Illinois Beekeepers Association and has been keeping bees since the 1970’s. You can get a glimpse of his skills by going to our feature page on the IQI  website.

https://illinoisqueeninitiative.com/

Each student will receive 2 Chinese grafting tools, 10 queen cell cups and a cell bar to practice this technique correctly named the Doolittle method. Other grafting tools and lighting equipment will be available to practice the technique.

It is not too late to register for this class which will include an additional day of hands on experience at our apiary in University Village on the near South Side of Chicago. The IQI now accepts all major credit cards through Paypal. The class size is limited to 20 so don’t get left out for this year.

For questions call: 312-497-6407

Garry Grube

Chicago Director

Illinois Queen Initiative