Fwd: [Chicago Food Policy] Growing Power Chicago's Building Healthy Soil Workshop THIS Saturday

Gillian Knight

Mar 31, 2015, 11:59:31 AM3/31/15
to advocates-for-u...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Growing Power Chicago <chi...@growingpower.org>
Date: Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 10:57 AM
Subject: [Chicago Food Policy] Growing Power Chicago's Building Healthy Soil Workshop THIS Saturday
To: com...@elist.tufts.edu, chicagof...@lists.riseup.net, growing_foo...@lists.riseup.net

The Chicago Food Policy Action Council

---

Building Healthy Soil
Saturday, April 4, 2015

Schedule:
9am-12pm      Fertility and Soil Health
12pm-1pm      Lunch
1pm-4pm        Bed Building & Seeding

Learn about composting and building farms in the city. The workshops will focus on how to compost using worms, anaerobic and aerobic composting methods, as well as what the current city regula
tions are regarding composting. In the afternoon, participants will take finished compost and learn how to build and plant growing beds at our farm.

Location:
3333 S. Iron St.
Chicago, IL 60608

Please Register at our Brown Paper Tickets site or visit our website to learn more!

Chicago Headquarters
3333 S. Iron St.
Chicago IL, 60608
(773) 376-8882

Milwaukee, WI: The Urban Agriculture Capital of the World.
Led by Growing Power, Inc. and Farmer, Founder and CEO, Will Allen