Chicago Lobbying Training - Wednesday

Rebecca Osland

Oct 24, 2016, 2:50:23 PM10/24/16
to isa-policy...@googlegroups.com, advocates-for-u...@googlegroups.com, IllinoisL...@yahoogroups.com
Hi all,

I am circulating this on behalf of Jose Oliva at the Food Chain Workers Alliance.  He is organizing a lobbying training this Wednesday in order to prepare residents to lobby City of Chicago aldermen to adopt the Good Food Purchasing Policy (GFPP).  If you are interested in attending, please RSVP.  For questions, Jose's contact information is also below.

Here is more information on GFPP: http://chicagofoodpolicy.com/portfolio/good-food-purchasing-policy/.  Thanks!

Dear Coalition Members,

As you know we are getting close to introduction of an ordinance in the city council to adopt GFPP.  We think that this might happen in the first few months of the next year.  Once it is introduced we'll have to talk to (lobby) all of our Aldermen.  So we are preparing by launching our first lobbying training.

This will be a comprehensive basic training about how to conduct a lobbying meeting, and will give you a chance to practice new skills and tools to be prepared to lobby

As you have been an advocate and supporter of this campaign, we would love to have you attend, give your insight, and collaborate with others organizing.

This event will be held this Wednesday, October 26th, from 10:00-12:00 at 444 N. Michigan Ave Suite 1200, Chicago IL, 60611.

You are welcome to pass this email and invite along to anyone in your organization you think might be interested.

Please RSVP here:

Feel free to check out and RSVP on our Facebook Event, as well:

Questions? Please email me.

Thank you!

Jose Oliva, Co-Director

Food Chain Workers Alliance

77 W. Washington St., Suite 1507

Chicago, IL 60602

773-612-2559

Rebecca Osland, J.D., LL.M. | Policy AssociateIllinois Stewardship Alliance - "Local Food Matters" www.ilstewards.orgreb...@ilstewards.org | 217.528.1563

Support Illinois local food and farms - become a member today!

Please note, I work on a 4-day schedule and am usually out of the office on Fridays.