Free mulch/wood chip delivery

ash...@yos.org

Apr 1, 2015, 5:25:53 PM4/1/15
to advocates-for-u...@googlegroups.com
Does anyone know of tree service companies or landscapers who donate and drop off wood chips or mulch for free? The Youth Outreach Services garden needs a lot more to cover our 75 foot by 100 foot lot in the next few weeks. Location: 5914 W. Division Street, Chicago. Please email me at ash...@yos.org or 773-777-7112 ext 7226. Thank you, Ashley Velchek

Jessica Surma

Apr 6, 2015, 5:08:26 PM4/6/15
to advocates-for-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ashley,

I have a few ideas for you. The City of Chicago provides free woodchips, but you must pick them up. See here: http://www.cityofchicago.org/city/en/depts/streets/provdrs/forestry/svcs/wood_chips.html

I have also heard of lanscaping and tree removal companies providing woodchips. You could call around to see if there is something closer to you, but I have heard that Crosstown Tree Service has made deliveries to some Chicago-area community gardens. See here: http://www.crosstowntreeservice.com/

Thanks,

Jessica Surma
Program Assistant
Advocates for Urban Agriculture

Jay Schreiber

Apr 7, 2015, 5:50:26 PM4/7/15
to advocates-for-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ashley,

I don't know if this will be of interest, but I have coffee grounds (already brewed) available for addition to a compost pile or directly added to topsoil - if you're so inclined. Happy to deliver to a good cause like yours.

Jay Schreiber