Help us support Worker Cooperatives in Cook County!

Brenda Rodriguez

Oct 16, 2018, 11:51:32 AM10/16/18
to advocates-for-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone!
I'm Brenda Rodriguez and I work at the Chicago Food Policy Action Council. I wanted to share our action alert and hope you will join us in supporting worker cooperatives in Cook County!

Add Your Name to the Petition Supporting Worker Cooperatives in Cook County!
Our allies at Illinois Worker Cooperative Alliance and the Cook County Commission on Social Innovation are working diligently to expand the potential of worker cooperatives. On October 17th at 9am, the Cook County Board Commissioners’ Business and Economic Development Committee will consider a proposed resolution to support worker cooperatives (18-6145). This resolution will bolster the creation of critical services and funding sources to support the development and sustainability of worker cooperatives in Cook County and the Chicagoland area.

We are asking you to take action today and support the Illinois Worker Cooperative Alliance and the Cook County Commission on Social Innovation's efforts by calling and emailing your commissioner as well as signing the petition to support the passage of this important resolution.

Worker cooperatives help us create dignified living wage jobs, generate community wealth, support workforce development, address inequity, and advance sustainable local economic development. These are all things we really need right now.

I just signed the petition and contacted my district's commissioner this morning, and it only took me 5 minutes. Will you join me?
In solidarity,
Brenda
--

Brenda L. Rodríguez