Re: [jug-leaders] MVC 1.0, Adopt-a-JSR and You

Martijn Verburg

Jan 19, 2017, 5:08:06 PM1/19/17
to jug-l...@jugs.java.net, adopt...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

The the email list CC'd in is a good place to start coordinating :-)

Cheers,
Martijn

On 19 January 2017 at 20:18, Reza Rahman <reza_...@lycos.com> wrote:
Folks,

In case you missed it, Oracle is transferring complete ownership of the MVC 1.0 JSR to the community: https://java.net/projects/mvc-spec/lists/users/archive/2017-01/message/0. Frankly I think this is a step in the right direction for Java EE and maybe even the JCP more generally.

I think most of you know about Adopt-a-JSR already. This is a great time to engage with this JSR via Adopt-a-JSR and show your support. A number of JUGs are doing that already including the LJC, Egypt JUG and Morocco JUG. FYI the new presumptive community specification lead Ivar himself is a fellow leader of the Malmo, Sweden JUG.

The Philly JUG won't be adopting this particular JSR but only because we have already adopted extremely critical JSRs such as Java EE 8, Java EE Security, Servlet 4 and Java SE 9.

Cheers,
Reza