JSON-P 1.1 Public Review, Adopt-a-JSR and You

Reza Rahman

Jan 20, 2017, 8:15:48 PM1/20/17
to jug-leaders, adopt...@googlegroups.com
Folks,

In case you missed it, JSON-P 1.1 recently released it's public review
(this is the last review before the specification becomes proposed
final). Feel free to take a look at my write-up on the topic here:
http://blog.rahmannet.net/2017/01/json-p-11-public-review-starts-now.html.
This is a great time to engage with this JSR via Adopt-a-JSR. So far the
JUG sponsorship of this JSR is pretty sparse but honestly this should be
a super easy JSR to adopt because it is relatively rather small. If you
are interested, you should start a discussion in the copied Google Group.

The Philly JUG won't be adopting this particular JSR only because we are
adopting other extremely critical JSRs such as Java EE 8, Java EE
Security, Servlet 4 and Java SE 9.

If you have any questions on any of this I am happy to try to help the
best I can.

Cheers,
Reza

Reza Rahman

Jan 20, 2017, 11:37:29 PM1/20/17
to Thamizh Arasu, Martijn Verburg, Heather VanCura, Dmitry Kornilov, adopt...@googlegroups.com, Edward Bratt, David Delabassee
Tham,

Martijn, Heather and Dmitry (copied) can guide you. The basic process to get started with Adopt-a-JSR should be super simple (Martijn is the right person for that part). If you want to actually join the JSR as a contributor and/or have the JUG join the JCP, that's not too bad either (Heather can help you with most of that). Finally, Dmitry is the right guy to ask any questions to get started from a technical standpoint with JSON-P - he is the specification lead. Dmitry can also probably tell you what would help the JSR the most.

Do keep me in the loop if you need anything, I am happy to help. JUG participation will help this JSR succeed as well as Java EE 8 generally.

Cheers,
Reza

On 1/20/2017 11:04 PM, Thamizh Arasu wrote:
Hi Reza,
Madras JUG is willing to adapt this JSR. Please help me to get started on this. Since we have NOT officially adapted any JSR, the initial on-boarding process will help me to engage effectively. I can spread the work in my JUG and ask others also to contribute to this JSR.

Please do the needful.

Thanks,
Tham

Thamizh Arasu

Jan 20, 2017, 11:57:39 PM1/20/17
to Reza Rahman, Martijn Verburg, Heather VanCura, Dmitry Kornilov, adopt...@googlegroups.com, Edward Bratt, David Delabassee
Hi Reza,
I have already reviewed the first version of the specification and I have filed few issues for correction (Mostly spelling correction).

I will contact Dmitry for further help on this. I have also signed the JCP participation contract.

Thanks,
Tham

Alin Pandichi

Jan 21, 2017, 5:45:12 AM1/21/17
to jug-l...@jugs.java.net, adopt...@googlegroups.com
Good timing!

The Bucharest JUG will have a 3 hour hands-on lab based on JSON-P 1.1, next Saturday (January 28th):

We'll make the most of it and let you know about any valuable feedback.

Cheers!
Alin,
Bucharest JUG

Martijn Verburg

Jan 22, 2017, 12:32:35 PM1/22/17
to adopt...@googlegroups.com, jug-l...@jugs.java.net
Very cool to see this happening :-).  If there's any concrete code to share don't forget that we have a Github organisation - https://github.com/Adopt-a-JSR :-).

Cheers,
Martijn

Alin Pandichi

Jan 22, 2017, 12:50:48 PM1/22/17
to jug-l...@jugs.java.net, adopt...@googlegroups.com
We do have some code and we will share it, of course! :-)

Cheers,
Alin

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/adopt-a-jsr.

Heather VanCura

Jan 22, 2017, 11:10:52 PM1/22/17
to jug-l...@jugs.java.net, adopt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alin and Tham,

It is good to hear of your progress. I suggest you join the meeting on Friday; if you cannot attend, it will be recorded for viewing. Please communicate with the spec lead and expert groups on the JSR public discussion lists and add your JUG to the Adopt-a-JSR matrix as well.

Talk to you soon.

Heather

Thamizh Arasu

Jan 24, 2017, 1:12:26 AM1/24/17
to jug-l...@jugs.java.net, adopt...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Heather for your continuous support to Madras JUG. Please include our JUG in the contribution list. I will also participate in the meeting on Friday.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/adopt-a-jsr.

Martijn Verburg

Jan 24, 2017, 5:56:44 AM1/24/17
to adopt...@googlegroups.com, jug-l...@jugs.java.net
Hi Thamizh,

Can you send me the logo for your JUG?  Also for other JUG leaders please check:

And make sure that we have your correct logo, name and JSR's that you've adopted :-).

Cheers,
Martijn

Thamizh Arasu

Jan 24, 2017, 6:05:49 AM1/24/17
to jug-l...@jugs.java.net, adopt...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martijn,
Thanks for your email. I don't have any dedicated logo for our JUG yet. I will create one and share it with you.

Thanks,
Tham

Alin Pandichi

Mar 21, 2017, 2:42:21 AM3/21/17
to Adopt A JSR, jug-l...@jugs.java.net
Hello again,

As promised, here is the JSON-P 1.1 workshop code in a Github repo: https://github.com/bucharest-jug/JSONP1.1-DEMO
I was thinking this could be published on https://github.com/Adopt-a-JSR for easier discoverability. If you agree, please let me know the steps we should take to make it so.

As mentioned previously, the Bucharest JUG had a workshop in January based on this code.
For any related questions, please contact me or Bogdan Posa (@trance1st on Twitter and Github).
Many thanks to Bogdan, this wouldn't exist without his dedicated effort!

Cheers,
Alin
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to adopt-a-jsr+unsubscribe@googlegroups.com.

Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/adopt-a-jsr.

Martijn Verburg

Mar 21, 2017, 5:00:10 AM3/21/17
to adopt...@googlegroups.com, jug-l...@jugs.java.net
Awesome! Yes you can definitely host it on the AdoptaJSR org. What's
your github ID?
Cheers,
Martijn