Re: Internal Error 2753.Updater.api_NON_OPT

trevor...@adobeforums.com

Aug 6, 2008, 5:17:59 PM8/6/08
ADOBE. WHATS YOUR EXCUSE FOR NOT COMING UP WITH A SOLUTION TO INTERNAL ERROR 2753 updater.api-NON-OPT It has and still is causing me endless headaches. If there are other products i will reluctantly use them.

graffiti

Aug 6, 2008, 6:01:22 PM8/6/08
trevor.

First, you're barking up the wrong tree. We're not Adobe.

Second, did you read the very first post (or any of the others) that have a potential fix? Did you try any of them?

din...@adobeforums.com

Oct 8, 2008, 1:35:14 AM10/8/08
Dear All,

Heres what I did. Had same problem of updater erroring out at 75% installation.

1) Install Microsoft clean up utility(more info: - <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301)>
2) Run clean up utility and remove adobe previous versions, which would remove registry entries as well.
3) Install adobe reader 9.

Hope this helps.

John_F...@adobeforums.com

Jan 21, 2009, 9:39:39 AM1/21/09
The Microsoft Cleanup tool is NOT a fix!!! That is something you might want to run on a machine or two, but not on practically the whole network. This error is ridiculous and has been a pain in my arse for far too long. I have tried deleting the registry keys mentioned, but I still get the error. I need a fix that can be run automated on each machine so this stupid software will install. I have never had so many problems from any other software installers!

David...@adobeforums.com

Feb 10, 2009, 7:09:53 PM2/10/09
The Registry Edit fixed my woes, thank you guys!