Error 1335

David_...@adobeforums.com

Jan 1, 2009, 2:58:50 PM1/1/09
I keep getting this error message at 98.8% when trying to install Adobe Reader 9.

"Error 1335. The cabinet file 'Data1.cab' required for this installation is corrupt and cannot be used. This could indicate a network error, an error reading from the CD-ROM, or a problem with this package."

I am trying to download and install this from the Adobe website.
I am running Windows XP with SP2 and all updates.

Pat_Wi...@adobeforums.com

Jan 2, 2009, 9:51:10 PM1/2/09
Are you using the Adobe Download Manager to install it? Try to download it directly from <http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/9.x/9.0/enu/AdbeRdr90_en_US.exe> or <http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/9.x/9.0/enu/AdbeRdr90_en_US_Std.exe> (without Adobe AIR & Acrobat.com).

David_...@adobeforums.com

Jan 4, 2009, 3:35:44 PM1/4/09
Pat, I have tried each of those links for direct download.
On each I get this message:

Adobe has detected a corrupt file (checksum error). The program has been closed without installing.
Info ID: 6800.338.14.2.20020
Please send the Info ID to <http://www.adobe.com/misc/bugreport.html>

Pat_Wi...@adobeforums.com

Jan 6, 2009, 12:41:16 AM1/6/09
Most likely this is the result of a corrupted download. This may happen for many reasons, e.g. a bad Internet connection. Try to download it again; safe to disk and see if the download succeeds.

You may also try to download it from the FTP server at <ftp://ftp.adobe.com/pub/adobe/reader/win/9.x/9.0/enu/>

xdx...@adobeforums.com

Mar 28, 2009, 12:49:06 PM3/28/09
Info ID: 6800.338.14.2.20024