Error 106 when installing Photoshop

time

Jul 12, 2002, 8:20:11 PM7/12/02

LenHewitt

Jul 13, 2002, 5:42:30 AM7/13/02
Time,

>>I tried moving the all the files to the desktop but something wouldnt let
me<<

That's where to start with your fault-finding.

If you cannot copy the whole of the install set to your HDD then there is
either a problem with your CD-ROM or possible the CD itself.

--

Len
Posted from the UK

Chris Cox

Jul 14, 2002, 12:03:26 AM7/14/02
In that case it's got to be a bad CD, a bad CD drive, or a really bad driver.

RCastillo

Jul 13, 2002, 11:53:04 PM7/13/02
I am having the same problem....I even tried with a different cd and had a complete instalation....now I am getting an error.....The contour file is damaged or corrupted....If you find anything.....3hb78ftg@centennialpr.net

time

Jul 14, 2002, 9:22:58 AM7/14/02
Im pretty sure my CD is not the problem because its in top condition no scratches or anything. It just has trouble moving a file called data 1. Any help is good

Or if im moving totally the wrong thing tell me cause im just trying to move everything and i mean everything

Pat Dougan

Jul 15, 2002, 9:14:15 AM7/15/02

Error -106 is an internal installshield error code (Adobe use installshield installers for their products). The official explanation is that error -106 is an error decompressing the data1.cab file to your hard disk. In practice what this usually means is that you are running out of either disk space (most likely), RAM or TEMP directory space. Ideally, you should have about 300 mb. free on top of the required installation space.

Installshield usually copies the cab files to the hard disk and decompresses them from there (from the TEMP directory). If you run out of any of the above Installshield will vomit.

I hope this helps.

Cheers
pat

time

Jul 16, 2002, 4:33:05 AM7/16/02
Well i still have 3 gigs of diskspace left, and my ram is 128MB. So it must or most likely be the TEMP which i have no idea on what that is. Does anyone know how to check TEMP directory space and if so if its full how to make space or do i just delete everything thats there?

Mark Hiers

Jul 16, 2002, 1:29:58 PM7/16/02
Do a custom install and deselect the ICC profiles option. You have a defective CD.