Invalid Numeric Entry error

Steve Collinson

Feb 27, 2003, 9:40:18 AM2/27/03
I recently upgraded my copy of photoshop. After upgrading (which seemed to go faultlessly) I cannot access any of the preferences or certain optin windows without a "Invalid numeric entry" error appearing. This occurs on certain windows without any numeric fields available e.g colour settings preferences.

On other windows, such as the "Image Size" dialog box, certain values are already set but only to the decimal point i.e 150. pixels per inch or Height 20. cm

I have trashed ALL my photoshop files and re-installed my old Photoshop but still get the same error. Anybody a clue as to what is going on?

reply to enqu...@temprint.co.uk subject line to include fao Graham.

Thanks for your help!

Buko

Feb 27, 2003, 11:53:59 AM2/27/03
Trash Photoshops prefs.

If the problem persists I would then suspect the system. you don't give us any information so it really hard to give you an answer.

Neil Keller

Feb 28, 2003, 9:50:06 PM2/28/03
Jac,

If this were my computer, I'd trash the prefs and relaunch. If still no go, I'd trash them again along with the app. Then run system diagnostics (Norton, etc.). Do a clean install of the app EXACTLY per the instructions from the original Adobe CD-ROM.

Neil

Jac Carlin

Feb 28, 2003, 9:39:56 PM2/28/03
I am getting the same errors after upgrading to Photoshop V7.0.1., but under Windows 2000. I get 3 errors the same ("Invalid numeric entry. An integer between 0 and 250 pixels is required. Restored last valid value") during the opening of the Photoshop application itself, right after it tries to load brushes.

I get the same errors when I try to change brush sizes, feathering, or other tool sizes of any sort. I can't resize type fonts (I can only make them bigger). This was a brand new machine, Photoshop was one of the first applications I installed. I trashed it and reinstalled it with no success. Very disillusioned. Have had to drop back to Photoshop 5.0. We are a graphic design shop. It's affecting business where our clients bring us Photoshop 7.0 files to finalise, and can't use the new features obviously.

Mark Hiers

Feb 28, 2003, 10:05:28 PM2/28/03
You have some System level setting, perhaps in the Numbers control panel, set incorrectly.