Cannot use OLE objects

Graham_...@adobeforums.com

Jul 28, 2004, 10:05:30 AM7/28/04
I get the following error message 'Cannot use OLE objects. Pagemaker cannot start the server application. Make sure that there is enough memory and that the server is installed properly.

In the documentation that Adobe provide that relates to this problem it say's 'Quit pagemaker and then delete the following files from the Preferences folder in the system folder..

Where is the Prefences folder in the system folder???.

Bob_Levine

Jul 28, 2004, 10:31:17 AM7/28/04
Cannot use OLE should be DON'T use OLE. It's junk and was only put there
to get Windows certification (something MS no longer requires).

Read the FAQs pertaining to placing graphics and text into your document.

Bob

Graham_...@adobeforums.com

Jul 30, 2004, 3:57:19 AM7/30/04
But if it's junk why is the option there to insert objects within Pagemaker??. So if I understand correctly, what you are saying is that there is no fox for this problem?.

Stu_...@adobeforums.com

Jul 30, 2004, 5:27:15 AM7/30/04
You understand Bob correctly. There is no fix. It has never worked correctly. Since Adobe has stopped development of PageMaker, there never will be a fix.

The reason the option is there is the one Bob gave you.

If you think this stinks, I agree with you, but that's the reality.

Bob_Levine

Jul 30, 2004, 8:57:38 AM7/30/04
That's the size of it. The thing that stinks is that the option is there
to begin with and has trapped many innocent victims who actually got
their info into a document and found out it wouldn't print.

Again, go to the FAQs and learn to do it right. You won't be sorry.

Bob