"SERIOUS INTERNAL ERROR" IMPLOSION

Jared...@adobeforums.com

Feb 11, 2004, 12:10:57 PM2/11/04
Twice in the past two days, when working in PageMaker 7.0.1 on an 8600/120 PowerMac running OS 8.6. I have lost an entire day's work because of a "serious internal error".

The document is a multi-page layout using many images. The document has been appropriately saved. But then, the "serious error" error message comes up out of nowhere, then another which warns of damage to the file and giving two choices of retrying to open it, and when I do open it, half my pages are completely gone and several graphics have "proof"-style boxes in their places instead of the graphic itself.

Any guidance, anyone?

Jared Hoke
Minneapolis MN
6123336514
<ja...@onsite-media.com>

Kenneth...@adobeforums.com

Feb 11, 2004, 1:33:13 PM2/11/04
Do not exactly know why you are having trouble, but I would defenitly update to OS 9.2.2. There were several issues with OS 8.6.

Ken

Michael...@adobeforums.com

Feb 11, 2004, 2:10:08 PM2/11/04
How many pages is your doc, and how large (in MB) is the file?