Re: Missing required system fonts or cmap files

已查看 1,805 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

charles...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2006年7月11日 12:59:022006/7/11
收件人
Thank you, worked great.

I do find it a little odd that Adobe has not provided a means to resolve this particular problem that afflicts no small number of customers. I did my best to work through this beast to no avail:

<http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/324343.html>

Patricia_...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2006年8月7日 20:07:472006/8/7
收件人
Hi,
I need your help. I am experiencing the same problem x 5. I'm trying to install InDesign in my work environment and am getting the same error message. Could you send me a copy of the files?

Patricia
pedm...@gotsky.com

Patricia_...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2006年8月7日 20:24:572006/8/7
收件人
Oh, I see them! Thanks!
Patricia

kench...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2006年8月19日 06:04:182006/8/19
收件人
Great, it has been fixed. Thank you very much!!

akno...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2006年8月29日 16:06:362006/8/29
收件人
Thanks a lot, man!!
Really awkward that Adobe isn't doing anything about this..

allen...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2006年9月6日 19:33:222006/9/6
收件人
okay i must be the only one here running on a Mac. I'm having the same problem as everyone else...same exact error message. I truly understand you're not wanting to send any more e-mails Domingo. Not too many people would have done what you've done anyway.
My problem is that when I click on your link to download the files, the whole web page is like Greek. It's not the source code either. I mean it's really strange. First, would these files, assuming I can get them, work on my Mac? Second, if so, how do i get to them? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Al Combs
abbagr...@comcast.net

Domingo...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2006年9月7日 00:15:252006/9/7
收件人
My Computer Fine Art class still used Adobe Photoshop on Macs, and while the Macs only have Photoshop 6.0 and not inDesign (we mostly have dell pcs- they have CS), I will take a look to see if I can find any similarities in the file structure, etc.

As for the 'greek' page, the files were zipped in a .rar. I've uploaded a duplicate .zip archive, which should be able to be opened by Macs without any 3rd party software. <http://public.newrandom.com/Reqrd.zip>

I wouldn't waste time trying it though. I'll search for the Mac related fonts and system files when I get to school tomorrow, until then, there's not much I can do.

/* Reason I ask for no emails, just to clarify, is that I'm subscribed to this thread, and will receive email notifications of any additional posts. That way, in case questions like this do arise, everyone will be able to see them and hopefully contribute to, or benefit from, the discussion. I will send an additional email to you just in case you have not subscribed to the thread. */

Stoned4Life

Adam_Sp...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2006年9月23日 01:43:262006/9/23
收件人
Hello Friends in this battle against CMap errors :)

I am also looking for a fix to the CMap problem. However I have a slightly different issue pop up. After following the last advice for the fix (here <http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/324343.html)> I re started the pc and re installed InDesign. When I tried to open it, I had the window pop up to put in the serial number again, for the suite. So I did, but nothing happened and it wont let me get past this screen, even after re typing the serial number.

Any Ideas? Should I just reinstall again?

Domingo...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2006年9月23日 14:20:172006/9/23
收件人
First, is it a legit serial number? Sorry, have to ask.

If it is, then I suggest doing a complete uninstall, and then reinstalling.

Adam_Sp...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2006年9月24日 17:28:532006/9/24
收件人
Yes, it is legit...bought the software four days ago :)

I understand the reasoning fine, no offense taken.

Anthony Maydwell

未读,
2006年9月28日 06:18:242006/9/28
收件人
How can you do a complete Manual uninstall of Creative Suite to start again. I have InDesign coming up with the nagging screen requiring system fonts or CMap files.
I've had the alternate problem of it asking for my serial number and not accepting it.
Illustrator isn't saving files correctly or showing its help pages.
I've tried everything and am very frustrated.

Domingo...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2006年9月28日 06:25:572006/9/28
收件人
I assume uninstall would be going to control panel > add/remove programs and remove the Adobe Suite. Then go to your C:\Program Files and removing the Adobe folder. Then going to the C:\Program Files\Common Files and deleting the Adobe folder in there too.

Anthony Maydwell

未读,
2006年9月28日 08:37:212006/9/28
收件人
I have Audition, Premiere Pro, and Type Manager in the Adobe folder so do I need to be a little more precise?

Anthony Maydwell

未读,
2006年9月28日 08:42:022006/9/28
收件人
Oh, I forgot to mention Photoshop Elements, Reader for Palm OS, and Acrobat Reader 7.

Domingo...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2006年9月28日 19:35:432006/9/28
收件人
You should only delete folders titled to the program, so yes, you need to be careful.

Dani...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2006年11月28日 04:31:102006/11/28
收件人
A FIX FOR .......... "Missing required system fonts or cmap files"

I put InDesign onto my mac pro and had the error come up as i was installing the program, looked at all the ideas from this forum but stumbled accross an easy fix that didnt involve copying files ect.....

All i had to do is install Photoshop CS2 (or in my case Photoshop CS2 Free Trial) first then install InDesign.

This worked on my mac, i put InDesign Trial on my Laptop (windows Pc) just to see if it would come up with the same problem and yes it did :- Error message on indesign start up..."Missing required system fonts or cmap files"

So i Un installed it and installed Photoshop CS2 trial, then put Indesign CS2 on and it worked !

I Really hope this works for other people.

Daniel

Philip...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2007年2月4日 17:03:512007/2/4
收件人
Thank you Domingo!

My InDesign program is now up and running.

Joe...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2007年2月7日 15:11:302007/2/7
收件人
Just wanted 2 thank Domingo 4 the files u put on the server, u r brilliant! regards from Islandur in Iceland

Stamo...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2007年2月9日 21:29:472007/2/9
收件人
help me please.. i got the same problem with you guys.. they need the CMap files..can you send it to me Domingo??

Kirei_m...@yahoo.com

also tell me where should i paste/extract it too.. thanks somuch

Peter...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2007年2月10日 09:03:032007/2/10
收件人
If you read the whole thread you'll see where Domingo posted the files.

ss...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2007年2月13日 10:46:262007/2/13
收件人
To: Domingo Chavez,

Your upload and instructions did help VERY MUCH. Thanks a lot!!!

Marcus

Stev...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2007年3月13日 04:55:412007/3/13
收件人
Thanks for the files!

Lisa_Ca...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2007年3月19日 01:48:102007/3/19
收件人
Thanks to Domingo Chavez! Adobe should be paying you a salary for your expertise on this board! Your suggestion worked like a charm. InDesign is now working fine.

Next...if only I could figure out why I am getting a Runtime Error on Illustrator CS2 when trying to save a file.

Boy...I wish Adobe was more responsive to their customers support needs.

Thanks again Domingo.
Lisa

tylerw...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2007年3月19日 19:27:192007/3/19
收件人
Thanks, Domingo, for making the corrected files available. You saved me lots of time and a big old headache. Appreciate it very much.

Adam_Sp...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2007年3月20日 02:41:522007/3/20
收件人
Adding those files definitely fixed my problem for me, after trying many of the Adobe methods.

Thank you so much Domingo, if you want help hosting those files, if bandwidth becomes an issue, let me know. Your help is greatly appreciated and has releaved so much stress lol.

aaaa...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2007年4月8日 06:46:052007/4/8
收件人
Is it me or is the link you posted really not working anymore? When I click the link it says that this link could not be displayed..did you removed it?

Domingo...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2007年4月8日 07:03:362007/4/8
收件人
It will be working when my webhost gets back online. For some reason they are down at the moment. Working at uploading it to a temporary location at the moment, but my connection seems to be a little shotty too. Hang on.

Domingo...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2007年4月8日 07:15:492007/4/8
收件人
If <http://www.public.newrandom.com/Reqrd.rar> (or .zip)
is not working, give the following a try:

<http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=121536>

Cheers.

aaaa...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2007年4月8日 11:26:492007/4/8
收件人
Thank you very much for your fast response and the files, the link worked properly. Also, my InDesign works just the way it should now.

Cheers.

eduard...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2007年4月21日 13:11:162007/4/21
收件人
IM VERY FRUSTRATED, I USE A MAC G5 AND I HAD A PROBLEM THIS WEEK MY PHOTOSHOP CS2 GET FREEZE THEN I TRY TO REINSTALL WITH THE ORIGINAL CD INSTALLER, AND THIS GIVE ME AN ERROR DURING THE INSTALLATION : A REQUIRED FILE IS MISSING, I DONT REALLY KNOW WHAT FILE OR WHAT CAN BE, PLIS SOME ONE COULD HELP ME WITH THIS IM VERY SAD :(

Ann_C...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2007年4月21日 14:03:152007/4/21
收件人
On a Mac OS X, the required folders go here: Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts/Reqrd/

It worked! Thank you so much, Domingo.

Dov Isaacs

未读,
2007年4月22日 05:09:232007/4/22
收件人
Eduardo,

(1) Please post in the relevant forum. You are asking a question about Photoshop on Macintosh. This is a forum for InDesign on Windows.

(2) Furthermore, please don't hijack existing message threads with questions about something else.

(3) Finally, typing in ALL CAPS not only makes your message hard to read for us humans, but it is also considered to be the equivalent of shouting on the internet. Please use normal typing when posting in these forums.

- Dov

Karl_S...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2007年5月19日 07:53:052007/5/19
收件人
Domingo, you rock! Thanx a million!! ADOBE THANX FOR NUTHIN & GO SUCK A D*CK!!

Peter...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2007年5月19日 19:38:062007/5/19
收件人
Inappropriate content wasn't deleted from my subscription to the list. Perhaps many other subscribers saw it also. It's far out of line.

boblevine

未读,
2007年5月19日 19:56:352007/5/19
收件人
I tried. I doubt he'll be back, though.

Bob

Mark_Ba...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2007年6月19日 18:26:182007/6/19
收件人
Domingo's solution also fixed this problem for me with Photoshop CS2 on WinXP, I suddenly could not open any files or create any new files in Photoshop without the same error. Has anyone discovered the *cause* of this problem? This happened on a test system that I use for testing EFI printer drivers, so I regularly install and remove driver components. I suspect this was the cause, but I'd like to narrow it down to specific components if possible.
-Mark

jos...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2007年7月11日 12:26:012007/7/11
收件人
Thanks a lot Domingo!!!
Your instructions helped me with the same InDesign problem other people had.

josefina.-

Riz_Ai...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2007年8月18日 09:43:432007/8/18
收件人
You rock Domingo! Thanks for the help.

Axel...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2007年8月22日 15:02:012007/8/22
收件人
Great! It worked like a charm! Thanks very much!

Rosie_...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2007年9月4日 18:30:202007/9/4
收件人
I didn't even have the Reqrd folder in my fonts folder! The whole thing was missing.

Thanks Domingo for posting those files!!

But, now I receive the following error:

"Some files required for color management are missing. please re-install the application to ensure proper functioning Indesign."

So, now I have to figure out how to fix this!!

I've tried searching online and can't come up with anything. If anyone has a solution, please email me at eisor at uga dot edu.

nurka...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2007年10月17日 23:15:102007/10/17
收件人
please please send me these files!
thank you,
Anna
ange...@yahoo.com

Chris_...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2007年10月29日 13:33:272007/10/29
收件人
I received this error on a user's machine when launching InCopy CS2 immediately after installing and updating InCopy CS3.

Copying the Reqrd folder provided by Domingo did the trick. Oddly, the CMaps folder that was there initially had less than ten files in it and the Base folder was completely missing.

ross...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2007年11月2日 12:08:382007/11/2
收件人
Your a legend Domingo Chavez! - you Base files et wroked a treat, I almost hd a heart attack when my indesign went down! :-)

Bib...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2007年11月4日 11:55:362007/11/4
收件人
Hello,

I need help. I've XP Spanish version and i created the folder C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Fonts but it still doesn't work. There it's also the folder C:\Archivos de programa\Common Files\Adobe\Fonts both with the folder Reqrd.

Can anyone help me?

Richard_...@adobeforums.com

未读,
2007年12月12日 18:09:032007/12/12
收件人
Ann Cleary & Domingo

Thanks so much for all your help with the missing fonts and getting dreaded error message. Everything worked fine. I downloaded your reqrd.rar and zipped it to get the relevant 2 folders. I searched and searched as to where to put it, like Ann I have a MAC. I followed Ann's location on my mac and got to Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts and that's all I had. I moved Domingo's Reqrd Folder over and renamed the folder to Reqrd (full location now Library/Application Support/Adobe/Fonts/Reqrd.) I opened up both Indesign CS2 & Photoshop CS2
and both errors have been resolved (Indesign with the error about CMAPS & Photoshop with error that Abobe could not complete your request because of a program error.)

Thank you so much Domingo & Ann for your insight to where on a MAC the folders would go.

All the best and Happy Holidays.

Richie

Richard_...@adobeforums.com

未读,