'failed to open the PDF file' error - Indesign CS3 on Mac

Jared...@adobeforums.com

Aug 21, 2008, 10:12:28 PM8/21/08

Whenever I place PDFs that were created by any other app besides indesign or Illustrator I get a 'failed to open the PDF file' error, previously these PDFs were fine to place but all of a sudden they're not... Help?

I'm not too keen on opening in Illustrator and resaving for the rest of the foreseeable future either...

Jared

Scott Falkner

Aug 22, 2008, 12:56:48 AM8/22/08
Hold Shift when you click OK or turn on import options.

Jared...@adobeforums.com

Aug 22, 2008, 1:07:24 AM8/22/08
Thanks for that, I had managed to stumble on the solution myself. I don't suppose anybody knows how this came about?

boblevine

Aug 22, 2008, 12:24:23 PM8/22/08