Adobe Illustrator CS3 For Windows Goes Into "Not Responding" on exit

Michael...@adobeforums.com

Jan 19, 2009, 12:24:48 AM1/19/09
Hello:

Is anyone having trouble with Adobe Illustrator CS3 going into "Not Responding" mode when you try to exit the program after having worked for a long period of time?

I think I have the answer, and as it has worked for me, I am posting it here hoping to help some one else.

Disable the welcome screen.

Under Preferences - File Handling & Clipboard - uncheck both options under Clipboard On Quit.

Many thanks to Nate Biehl for posting this idea in another thread first!

I am curious to hear if anyone else has this problem and if this post has fixed it?

Thanks,

Michael Reisman

jca...@adobeforums.com

Jan 19, 2009, 9:41:52 AM1/19/09
I think it had something to do with Photoshop being open and/or closing at the same time. I've seen this addressed here before and while it was sort of a fix, the cause of it wasn't consistent on my machine.

Doesn't happen often on mine, but when it does, I just use task manager to shut it down then restart and shut down Illy if I have time.

Bert Philippus

Jan 20, 2009, 12:33:09 AM1/20/09

Is anyone having trouble with Adobe Illustrator CS3 going into "Not Responding"
mode when you try to exit the program after having worked for a long period
of time?

It's Illy's way of saying: "...and THIS is the thanks I get for working my tush off for FIVE HOURS!? Men!"

Michael...@adobeforums.com

Jan 27, 2009, 3:55:46 PM1/27/09
Hello,

Unfortunately the problem with Illustrator CS3 going into, "Not Responding" mode upon exit after working for a long time has returned. I am really disappointed. Also, Adobe has notified me that my complementary technical support has expired. Also: Adobe has not released any updates to Illustrator to fix this problem. I paid a lot of money for this software and Adobe is providing very poor customer service.

If anyone discovers a fix to above problem, please reply to this thread!

Thanks,

Michael774R

Michael...@adobeforums.com

Mar 30, 2009, 2:37:59 PM3/30/09
Hello Again:

To follow up on my last post.. I had a real bad time with my computer most recently and had to recover it. Since I had a fresh install, I went with service pack 3. I use Windows XP.

I did install Web Developer Premium CS3, but left out Acrobat Professional. I also decided to go with the default mouse driver for Win XP. In Illustrator I turned off the save to clip board upon exit feature.

Now for the longest time, no matter how much I use Illustrator, I am not having any problems on exit. I am not exactly sure why other than I have a fresh install of my OS.

Also: It has been mentioned in other threads that Acrobat was the problem or the mouse driver was the problem or settings in preferences, or even the start up definition file (which I trashed and Illustrator reset it on start.)

So now I am happy to have Illustrator CS3 working well.

Thought I should repost.. thanks,

Michael R.