Error Loading Plug Ins CS3

James_Fe...@adobeforums.com

Dec 15, 2008, 5:15:46 PM12/15/08
Problem occured today -out of the blue.
(Windows XP)
Stated up as usual on Mondays.
Illustrator Error Loading Plug Ins
Advanced Select .aip
Char Para Styles .aip
Color Harmonies .aip
DxfDwg .aip
FHImport .aip
PNG File Format.aip
PhotoshopExport.aip
SVG File Format.aip
SWF Export.aip
Save For Web.aip
Segment Tools.aip
Tracing Suite.aip
Tracing UI.aip
Transparancy Panel .aip
Variables Panel.aip
Flare.aip

I did not recently make any updates or load any 3rd party plug-ins, and can find all the plug-ins in folders, but they will not load (have done restarts, etc)

Any Clues?
I Have the Instal DVDs, but unfortunately my Work PC does not have a DVD player (I downloaded from Adobe).

Tom_F...@adobeforums.com

Dec 16, 2008, 2:52:38 PM12/16/08
Same thing here; however, there was a Windows update when shutting down the night before.

Tom Fullen

José_Carlos_Cardoso@adobeforums.com

Dec 17, 2008, 12:12:28 PM12/17/08
have the same problem; can't find any solution to this; appreciate any help;

José Carlos

michaelt...@gmail.com

Dec 18, 2008, 12:50:38 PM12/18/08
On Dec 16, 2:52 pm, Tom_Ful...@adobeforums.com wrote:
> Same thing here; however, there was a Windows update when shutting down the night before.
>
> Tom Fullen

I'm having the same problem at my work, my computer updated the night
before too, so I'm guessing it has something with the most recent
windows updates

MISWebDe...@greatermediaboston.com

Dec 18, 2008, 3:49:19 PM12/18/08

Have you received any help on this issue? I am receiving the same
error on start up trying to load plugins. Need some help.

flavo...@gmail.com

Dec 19, 2008, 5:16:51 AM12/19/08

same here :(

Ed_Sta...@adobeforums.com

Jan 9, 2009, 7:28:12 PM1/9/09
I just received the same error, now I can't print; not sure what else stopped workling.

Has anyone solved this?

Ed_Sta...@adobeforums.com

Jan 27, 2009, 5:33:09 PM1/27/09
I started a trouble case with Adobe Technical support on this issue. They charged me $39.99 to open the case and had me uninstall everything and run a cleaner script, and assured me when I reinstalled CS3 that Illustrator would work fine. Of course Illustrator would not install and now when I call back they refer me to Installation support instead of technical support. So I get help from a less skilled support staff. After going thru the std fix procedures several times they elevated to Level 2 support and assured me I would get a call back in 24 hours. Level 2 is only available as a call back. I keep getting assured that I'll get a call back in 24 hrs every time I call them. But it's been a week.

Harpal_...@adobeforums.com

Feb 2, 2009, 11:19:46 AM2/2/09
I had the same issue today. It said "Missing required plug ins, BRS pencil tool, Expands, and Pathfinder suite". They also were charging me $39.99, which is ridiculous because i just purchased the software in august of 08. But because CS4 came out one month after and i was unaware of this nor was i informed, my warranty was only good for 90 days.

Ben_M...@adobeforums.com

Feb 2, 2009, 1:37:59 PM2/2/09
First try deleting the prefs as per the FAQ: <http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.eed5198.2cd0b46e>
If that doesn't help try looking at <http://www.adobe.com/go/kb401053>

Ed_Sta...@adobeforums.com

Feb 4, 2009, 8:07:50 PM2/4/09
I finally got my call from Level 2 support. The installation was failing because an Illustrator installation related "cab" file had apparantely been renamed to a "vir" file extension. I was installing from downloadeded and expanded files. This file extension change was probably done by my anti virus software (Panda).

I renamed the file and the installation of Illustrator was successful. The cause of the original problem, (unable to load plug-ins) is unknown. Maybe a random corruption or perhaps caused by a Windows Update. But now everything is re-installed and seems to be working.

The level 2 person's level of support was great. I think they are very understaffed hence the long wait for a call back.