Can't burn - Help - Error Sense Code (52100)

Linda_Mae...@adobeforums.com

Feb 21, 2008, 12:21:28 PM2/21/08
I have Adobe Encore DVD 1.5 which was purchased in a package called the Adobe Video Collection Professional. I want to start off by saying that I am new to the forum situation and also do not understand very much computer jargon. My operating system is Windows XP and I have a custom computer with 2 GB of RAM. I had a new DVD burner put in my computer after it was determined that the old burner was not compatible with my custom computer. The new burner is a Samsung Super-Writemaster 18x lightscribe DVD Writer and works with everything else in my computer except Adobe. I contacted Adobe about this problem and they said that there was a bug in the Adobe software package that I have, but our package is no longer under warranty. Is there something that we can acquire or do short of buying more software from Adobe to fix this problem. I have been able to burn some DVDs here and there, but normally I get coasters and it comes up with this error message - Device Error-Sense Code (5 21 00)-Logical Block Address/Out of Range-Read (DVD Error 336128). Please help.

Ruud Blauw

Feb 21, 2008, 5:09:58 PM2/21/08
Sense code errors are almost always caused by some piece of software interfering in the communication problem between Encore and the burner.

Please have a look at Things and Software to avoid when authoring for DVD-V <http://www.adobeforums.com/webx/.3bbe7ec0>

A quick fix is to let Encore write a disc image file and then use ImgBurn <http://www.imgburn.com/> to burn the DVD from that.