PDFMaker cannot locate the Adobe PDF Printer's printer driver. Please re-install adobe acrobat 6.0.

Layne Larson

Jul 8, 2003, 10:28:46 AM7/8/03
I'm using Windows 2000 - SP4 with Office XP. I keep getting this error whenever I try to create a pdf. "PDFMaker cannot locate the Adobe PDF Printer's printer driver. Please re-install adobe acrobat 6.0."

I have uninstalled and re-installed acrobat 6 several times. I have also cleaned out the registry and deleted the file pdfmaker.dot from Files/Microsoft Office/Office 10/Startup. I did uninstall version 5.x before installing 6 for the first time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Layne

Layne Larson

Jul 8, 2003, 10:32:50 AM7/8/03

Gabe Asher

Jul 8, 2003, 3:36:59 PM7/8/03
Check your system path variable within the System properties/Advanced/Environmental Variables. Make sure the PATH variable starts with %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\system32\wbem; With this as the starting string on that variable, remove Acrobat, restart, log in as the administrator, kill all background processes that you can and install Acrobat 6 again. If you were too look right now, you probably do not have an Adobe PDF Printer in your Printers group. This should resolve that issue.

Good luck.

Layne Larson

Jul 9, 2003, 5:46:55 PM7/9/03
Unfortunately this does not solve the problem. My Path variable is %SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem; Which is the same as above.

You are correct that I don't have the Adobe PDF printer in my printers group.

I tried installing this on another computer and I get the same error.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Layne

de Siem

Jul 10, 2003, 6:38:01 AM7/10/03
IN the System32\Wbem you'll find a framedyn.dll file. Copy this a folder 'up' into the System32 folder.

try installing Acrobat again.

Layne Larson

Jul 25, 2003, 2:45:43 PM7/25/03
I deleted all of my printers and installed Acrobat again. The Adobe PDF writer then finally got added to my printers.

However, I still get the following error when I try to use the PDF Maker Icons in Word XP. "You have selected an invalid Conversion job option. Please select a valid job option before running Acrobat PDFMaker."

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Layne