"AcroRd32.exe" Windows can not find.

Don Broome

Aug 1, 2003, 12:31:20 PM8/1/03
I am trying to open a file from a site and I keep getting this error message:

"Windows cannot find AcroRd32.exe This program is needed for opening files of type 'd:\'."

I have: Windows XP Home Edition
Acrobat 6.0

W T Allen

Aug 1, 2003, 2:55:25 PM8/1/03
If you truly have Acrobat 6.0 and not Reader 6.0 then you need to shift-right-click a PDF file and select Acrobat as the default application.

Karen J Johnson

Aug 1, 2003, 3:31:08 PM8/1/03
I am getting the same error "Windows cannot find AcroRd32.exe" This program is needed for opening files of type"ZIP File"
I have Windows 98 Acrobat 5.1 and Adobe 6.0
Please help but it needs to be in simple terms, I am trying to open a geneology file a family member sent and cannot.

W T Allen

Aug 1, 2003, 4:00:51 PM8/1/03
You need to install Winzip or something similar to open the .zip file.

Acrobat 5.1 and Adobe 6.0

There is no such thing as "Acrobat 5.1." There was an Acrobat Reader 5.1 and an Acrobat 5.05.

Adobe is a software company, not a product, so there is no such thing as "Adobe 6.0."

Mary

Aug 1, 2003, 4:19:50 PM8/1/03
Well, there is Adobe Reader 6.0. Perhaps that is what you mean, Karen?

William A. Davis

Aug 2, 2003, 12:07:55 AM8/2/03
If all else fails, right click on the link and save the file (be sure to note where you save it). Then open Acrobat or the Reader (which ever it is) and then open the saved file. It sounds as though you do not have the file associations set correctly in Windows. A simple way to reset such associations is to reinstall the Adobe product. The other way is to go to the Folder Options menu in WIndows Explorer, select the File Types, find the PDF type and select the edit to change the association with the appropriate Adobe product.