Component Move Data Error -115

Tracey Williamson

Jan 29, 2003, 11:17:31 AM1/29/03
Please help me!!! When installing Adobe Acrobat 5.0 on a 1.8 gateway PC with Windows 2000 I'm recieving the following error ; "Component move data had the following error
Media name: Data
Component: Requirements\Acrobat Help
File Group: Docs common English Index
File: C:\program files\adobe\acrobat 5.0\help\enu\index\assists\acrocat.bat
Error number: -115 (refer to the online help)
can any one help in the matter !! Thanks Tracey.

Tom Geschwender

Jan 29, 2003, 11:48:05 AM1/29/03
The major cause of this error message is not turning off your anti-virus protection during installation. If you have the anti-virus software disabled, and are still getting this message, then try copying the entire CD to your hard drive, rebooting into SAFE MODE, and installing from there.

Tracey Williamson

Jan 29, 2003, 1:49:52 PM1/29/03
Thank you very much Mr. Geschwender for trying to help me out. Unfortunately neither of the solutions you suggested did not work. When trying to install through safe mode I did receive another error : _INS5576._MP.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows - must restart. Any advice??? Thanks Tracey.

Tom Geschwender

Jan 29, 2003, 2:45:39 PM1/29/03
That particular error message usaully occurs when the person installing the software is not logged in as the Administrator. Is this the case here?

Tracey Williamson

Jan 29, 2003, 2:48:39 PM1/29/03
NO, I made sure I logged in as Administrator of the workstation.

Tom Geschwender

Jan 29, 2003, 9:39:42 PM1/29/03
The only other thing I could find was this statement "The "data move -119" error is from InstallShield's installation routine. You can see this error if the install is having trouble registering a DLL.

The easiest fix is to just cancel out of the installation, and reboot the machine. Sometimes the DLL is locked due to a system lock on that file, and a reboot will correct that."

But, if you followed my directions earlier, you must have rebooted the machine several times already. Personally, I would use the free 90 days of telephone support to call Adobe for a solution.

merrill l willgrubs

Feb 1, 2003, 1:27:09 PM2/1/03
Regarding the errors 115 etc, I had the same problem (115). As someone suggested, disable virus scan, and it works just fine..

merrill

Kristopher Thornn

Feb 6, 2003, 3:11:09 AM2/6/03
Hello, im having the 115 error also, ive tried safe mode, ive disbled Nortons, Ive tried typical mode, compact mode, custom.
I do not even use netscape, which is why this irritates me even more, considering it is a netscape plug in that it is hanging on.
I even tried installing netscape just because.
Im pulling out my hair here, any ideas?
I have many PDF files I NEED to have access to.

Thomas Fielding

Feb 28, 2003, 1:51:28 PM2/28/03
Hello, over here I'm having the same problem. I disabled my virus scan, no improvement. My system is win 98 2nd edi.
My error code is "-113", otherwise identical word for word with the lines Tracey Williamson wrote out except for me it's a "readme.html" file that can't copy to a sub-directory of PDFMaker.
It's holding my system hostage.
Doesn't any Adobe tech support person come into the forums to help us out?
My installation aborts always at the 71% mark, you can set your clock by it.
I go to the directories that should be there, and no files were copied successfully - the installation just aborts.

I'm going crazy over here. Please email me at bullri...@hotmail.com if you think you can help me.

Thank-you.

Thomas Fielding

Feb 28, 2003, 1:52:42 PM2/28/03
Have you managed to solve your problem?

pandey...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2018, 4:34:54 AM9/9/18

pandey...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2018, 4:35:09 AM9/9/18

pandey...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2018, 4:35:18 AM9/9/18

pandey...@gmail.com

Sep 9, 2018, 4:35:40 AM9/9/18
On Wednesday, January 29, 2003 at 9:47:31 PM UTC+5:30, Tracey Williamson wrote:
sir plese help me

quick...@gmail.com

Sep 20, 2019, 12:13:05 PM9/20/19

jafar...@gmail.com