Installation Problem: 'Internal Error 2753'

john_b...@adobeforums.com

Feb 15, 2004, 4:33:37 AM2/15/04
Upon installing adobe acrobat 6 professional. The installation process reaches the 'Creating Adobe PDF Printer' phase and then registers 'internal error 2753.Dist_acrodist.exe' The installation has then to be finnished.

The operating system is Windows 2000 with SP4 added. I have an Epson Stylus Colour 440 printer. The printer software and drivers have been updated to Windows 2000.

Any help with this problem will be much appreciated.

Andreas...@adobeforums.com

Feb 16, 2004, 4:47:05 AM2/16/04
I have got a similar Problem, with Windows XP, no printer is installed only the PDF-Port. My error message has no number, only a "module not found". I tried to install the PS-Printer driver 1.0.6 with the result SystemError 126 and Systemfehler 1797 an no Printer installed. I could´t find an .INF file to use XP system PS-Driver.
On another machine after many tries to install it works, but I didn't know why. I think there is missing a dll or so that's also bundelt with other software, so it will work or not.
Sorry I could not help, I looking for help too.

john_b...@adobeforums.com

Feb 16, 2004, 4:59:20 AM2/16/04
Hello Andreas,

If I find a solution to this installation prob, I will post it.
Thanks for your contact.

John Beddard

no...@none.com

Feb 16, 2004, 5:35:53 AM2/16/04
Have a look at this KB article and see if it helps (I know it's for V5).
<http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/2dbaa.htm>

Arthur

john_b...@adobeforums.com

Feb 16, 2004, 1:04:42 PM2/16/04
Hello Arthur,

Grateful thanks for the article, I will try to apply it. I now know that a error message that I am getting when I open both word and Excel is related to the same situation: 'Compile error in hidden module: AutoExec'. Now that I have installed Microsoft Visio 2003, I keep getting VBA debug messages from Adobe AcrobatPDF, even though it isn't reinstalled yet. It seems that the ghost of the uninstalles adobe is coming back to protect any files linked with Visio. I then have to keep resetting using the adobe debugger.

John Beddard

john_b...@adobeforums.com

Feb 19, 2004, 2:26:26 AM2/19/04
Hello Andreas,

As you mention in your e.mail the problem the problem ot installing was Path Definition, that is to with Adobe 6 going around the windows install definition. I tried changing the environment settings. This didn't work and is rather complicated.

However, when I installed the software in custom, rather than typical or complete mode. It just installed itself. A simple solution.
The other alternative was to install using F8 : safe mode.

John Beddard

john_b...@adobeforums.com

Feb 19, 2004, 2:32:39 AM2/19/04
Hello Arthur,

The KB article that you sent on Path Definition was on the right track. I tried to implement it, chnging environment settings. it didn't quite work.
However, by chance, I found a simple solution. I installed using the custom, rather than typical or complete formats. The software just installed itself : magic. I now have a new computer.

John Beddard

John_A....@adobeforums.com

Feb 23, 2004, 5:53:14 PM2/23/04
Thank you, John Beddard and others,
for your clues to my problem. Just selecting "Custom Install" but choosing ALL features still failed with "Internal Error 2753. Dist_acrodist.exe". I continued exploring your custom install solution and now have success!

I first custom installed only the full "View Adobe PDF" section. After numerous reboots, "Repair" cycles, and checking that the application was still functional, I used "Change" for "Adobe Acrobat 6.0 Standard" in "Add or Remove Programs" and added each of the "Acrobat PDFMaker" subfeatures one at a time. MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook, then MS Office, rebooting after each one.

I'm sure this was overkill, but since Adobe didn't get this right, I wanted to maximize my chances for success.

One of the "Repair" cycles reverted my version back to 6.0.0 and I'm hesitant to risk reapplying the 6.0.1 update. Maybe after a few days of "Good behavior" I'll be more brave!

Thanks again for your help and I hope this helps others.

JohnF

john_b...@adobeforums.com

Feb 24, 2004, 3:24:54 AM2/24/04
Hello John,

Another possibility around Path Definition problem,if you are using Windows, is to install from the beginning of the boot-up operation by pressing F8 using Safe Mode. Good Luck !

John Beddard

john_b...@adobeforums.com

Feb 24, 2004, 11:45:56 AM2/24/04
Hello John,

There is also the possibility of going around the path definition problem by installing, with Windows, from the beginning og the boot-up process by pressing F8, in safe mode. Good luck.

John Bedard

Andreas...@adobeforums.com

Feb 27, 2004, 5:03:16 PM2/27/04
Hello John,
I haven't got the time to test it immediately, but today I tried and it worked. It is really important to set the environment variable with only the values listed in the article. If another program has added some information it wont work, even if it starts right and the content is ok. Also the restart is important. I was able to use the winstger.exe for the PS-Driver too without any error message.
Thanks for the help

Best regards

Andreas Peters

P.S. There is another link for Acrobat 6 with the error message 20225
on <http://www.adobe.com/support/products/acrobat.html> with the same problem.

q...@adobeforums.com

Apr 16, 2004, 7:42:12 AM4/16/04
don' t know if this wil help, but putting together all of this discussion - this is what i found:::::

did an upgrade to office xp pro 11 from 10, so i had the same problems

it appears that certain "calls" are still dynamically linked

what this means is that the following did NOT help
1: clearing out the registry of all acrobat entries
and renaming all the pdf*.dot to pdf*.dxx AND the pdf*.xla to pdf.xxx
( there are several), disabling all the add-ins

2: Removing acrobat didn't remove the files from Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat ...

3: so in removing all of them by deleting them, all were delete-able except ADISTRES.DLL
this had no entry in the Registry

shut down the system, rebooted with a windows 98 disk, and used the basic DOS commands to rename the file with the extension .dxx rename adistres.dll adistres.dxx
removed the diskette, rebooted
did a full installation, no problem, all the pdf*.dot,and pdf*.xla are newly created. all functional

thanks to those who showed me the way!
1: only installing the NON-creating PDF portion of the program is possible
2: distller program installed from elsewhere

q...@adobeforums.com

Apr 16, 2004, 10:09:12 AM4/16/04
in addition to my previous message
the adobe acrobat is totally updateable,
then totally removeable

the "adistres.dll" that could not be removed through regular means
was version 6.0.1.1081 (internal file version 6.0.0.2003102300)
this is from the updater

the one that comes bundled is version 6.0.0.878 (internal file version 6.0.0.2003051500)

the bottom is line is that there is nothing wrong with the program, the installation, the system, the hardware

it's just the usual nonsense of an operating system that falls short of being aware.