Bad Encrypt Dictionary

L C

Jul 24, 2003, 9:54:49 AM7/24/03
A friend gave me a .pdf and when I try to open in it gives me an error saying that there is a "bad encrypt dictionary" and a second error message saying that it is an Error Code 8 and to call customer support.

Is this just the new protected document issue ? Neither the dictionary nor the error code 8 are even anywhere in the support, help, or web site or found on the internet.

A pretty lame set of error notes I must say.

Suggestions ?

NOTE - Trying to open via Acrobat 6 Pro

Aandi Inston

Jul 24, 2003, 10:25:08 AM7/24/03
Damaged file.

Aandi Inston

L C

Jul 31, 2003, 10:47:14 AM7/31/03
Odd. It's been given to me multiple times and it's fine on this machine, but not mine. Is there some sort of corruption fixer like you might have in WinRAR and the like ? Far as I can tell things are just screwy

W T Allen

Jul 31, 2003, 11:26:30 AM7/31/03
Try zipping the file before emailing it.