Form data disappearing, .."problem reading this document (23)"

Rick_N._H...@adobeforums.com

Apr 8, 2008, 5:55:56 PM4/8/08
We created a PDF form using Acrobat 8 Professional (on XP.) After setting up all the desired form fields, we are populating a few of the form fields before saving the PDF. We then open the PDF on a Windows 2000 SP4 machine running Acrobat 5 Professional to edit the remaining form variables. This has worked fine until today. When we open the document on the 2000 machine, none of the fields which were populated originally (on the XP machine) are visible. When I click on one of the form areas where populated data should be displaying, I receive an error "There was an error processing an annotation or link. There was a problem reading this document (23)." This process worked fine until today. We have not done any Windows or Adobe updates in several weeks. I have several documents similar to this (created on the same original machine and saved in the same directory) and all files are exhibiting this behavior. I have moved the PDF to a different directory with same results to verify it is not a simple Windows rights issue. Please offer any advice. Thanks.

Alan124

Apr 17, 2008, 1:00:18 AM4/17/08
On Apr 9, 5:55 am, Rick_N._Hendrick...@adobeforums.com wrote:
> We created a PDF form using Acrobat 8 Professional (on XP.) After setting up all the desired form fields, we are populating a few of the form fields before saving the PDF. We then open the PDF on a Windows 2000 SP4 machine running Acrobat 5 Professional to edit the remaining form variables. This has worked fine until today. When we open the document on the 2000 machine, none of the fields which were populated originally (on the XP machine) are visible. When I click on one of the form areas where populated data should be displaying, I receive an error "There was an error processing an annotation or link. There was a problem reading this document (23)." This process worked fine until today. We have not done any Windows or Adobe updates in several weeks. I have several documents similar to this (created on the same original machine and saved in the same directory) and all files are exhibiting this behavior. I have moved the PDF to a different directory with same results to verify it is not a simple Windows rights issue. Please offer any advice. Thanks.

Hi,

Maybe your pdf file is damaged. I think you can try a utility called
Advanced PDF Repair to repair your PDF file. It works rather well for
my corrupt PDF files. Its web address is http://www.datanumen.com/apdfr/

Hope this helps.

Alan