SOLUTION ! There was an error opening this document. There was a problem reading this document (14).

Gareth Bright

Oct 17, 2002, 12:07:44 PM10/17/02
Set the "Default Page Layout" to 'Continuous' - instead of Single Page. Found under "Preferences" in most products (full and reader)
It worked for me !!

blee...@gmail.com

Aug 11, 2013, 9:21:47 PM8/11/13
On Saturday, October 19, 2002 2:49:35 AM UTC-5, Gareth Bright wrote:
> Set the "Default Page Layout" to 'Continuous' - instead of Single Page. Found under "Preferences" in most products (full and reader)
> It worked for me !!

This is an issue with the latest Adobe reader. The Adobe team has set stringent code restrictions that many of the older formats do not conform to. Rolling back to an earlier version has fixed this for me.

katherin...@gmail.com

Dec 20, 2013, 11:53:21 AM12/20/13
Try opening the PDF in Preview and then resaving it. Worked for me, and it retained all the comments in the PDF.

Harman

Jun 10, 2015, 3:52:58 AM6/10/15
On Friday, October 18, 2002 at 12:07:44 AM UTC+8, Gareth Bright wrote:
> Set the "Default Page Layout" to 'Continuous' - instead of Single Page. Found under "Preferences" in most products (full and reader)
> It worked for me !!

Try opening using Foxit reader, and then save a copy. Worked for me.

Link - http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/

amit.ma...@gmail.com

Apr 25, 2016, 2:57:33 AM4/25/16
On Friday, December 20, 2013 at 10:23:21 PM UTC+5:30, katherin...@gmail.com wrote:
> Try opening the PDF in Preview and then resaving it. Worked for me, and it retained all the comments in the PDF.

Worked for me too

kasivisw...@gmail.com

Jun 16, 2016, 3:28:39 AM6/16/16
On Thursday, 17 October 2002 21:37:44 UTC+5:30, Gareth Bright wrote:
> Set the "Default Page Layout" to 'Continuous' - instead of Single Page. Found under "Preferences" in most products (full and reader)
> It worked for me !!
I received an email attachment in .pdf format and when I try to open it and print the document I get an error message "There was a problem reading this document (14)".I install foxit reader for opening document but not working.Is there any other solution

Raj...@spi-global.com

May 29, 2017, 2:48:18 AM5/29/17

This works fine for me.

Thanks
Raja

h5148...@gmail.com

Sep 21, 2017, 4:22:52 PM9/21/17
just follow simple step
right click on page preview panel
click on Page number (It will popup page number properties)
Select All pages
in Numbering section Select style 1,2,3......
Prefix Blank
Start 1
click on ok it will renumber your all pages,

and now save it.

it should work

aliba...@gmail.com

Oct 12, 2017, 12:01:47 PM10/12/17
sir mere laptop me adove reader xi instaal hai koi pdf file open karne par

There was an error opening this document. There was a problem reading this document (14)roblem aa rahi hai There was an error opening this document. There was a problem reading this document (57)plz help me sir

yawen....@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2019, 12:21:36 AM2/8/19
On Friday, December 20, 2013 at 11:53:21 AM UTC-5, katherin...@gmail.com wrote:
> Try opening the PDF in Preview and then resaving it. Worked for me, and it retained all the comments in the PDF.

Thanks a lot! Works for me!

sloa...@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2019, 9:11:44 AM2/25/19
On Thursday, October 17, 2002 at 11:07:44 AM UTC-5, Gareth Bright wrote:
> Set the "Default Page Layout" to 'Continuous' - instead of Single Page. Found under "Preferences" in most products (full and reader)
> It worked for me !!

Using the most up to date Adobe Reader as of this post's date and Windows 10.

this is my solution:
1. go to print the document.
2. print it as an Adobe PDF.
3. Save it to whatever folder you chose.

It should work now.

rich.ly...@ntai.net

Mar 18, 2019, 5:21:19 PM3/18/19
I found a BUG in Acrobat XI Professional (the full product, not Reader).

After deleting or inserting PDF pages Acrobat throws error "There was a problem reading this document (14)."

I often need to insert or delete pages in a PDF file because the authors did not format the document properly so that the first page of every section prints on the odd pages, so that double-sided document print correctly with chapter or section title pages on the front side of two-sided pages.

I first extract a blank page from the document, so that I have a template blank page that is physically the SAME SIZE as the book i need to fix.

After deleting or inserting the same blank page extracted, I then page through the document. When I get to the pages after the inserted page, I get the document error 14 after the inserted page. Error "There was a problem reading this document (14)."

Looking on the internet in Adobe Technical Support Forums, I saw that this indicates the document got corrupted from the deletion or insertion operation.

When I hold down the Control key and click the OK button, I get the message "Expected a dict object" which means the document structure is broken. (An internal PDF dictionary data structure is receiving the wrong data type, hence the document is corrupted. )

Even if I use the native Acrobat XI Tools menu... "Insert Pages... More Insert Options, Insert Blank Page", I get the same result.

This is a native PDF document. This should not happen. I am using Acrobat built-in functionality, and this breaks the index, breaks the page display.

This bug occurs with many documents that I try to insert blank pages.

nswe...@charpieconstruction.com

Jan 23, 2020, 1:02:26 PM1/23/20
this is exactly what I did and it worked. Instead of extracting, I highlighted the pages that I wanted to extract and hit print "To PDF" instead

Zeeshan Sid

Nov 5, 2020, 5:10:00 AM11/5/20
Generally, this error can be resolved with the help of the PDF Recovery Tool. With the tool, you can resolve all types of error and you recover highly corrupted PDF files very easily.
For more info:- https://www.sysinfotools.com/recovery/pdf-recovery.php

Jiří Nosek

Oct 6, 2021, 1:11:29 AM10/6/21
Generally, this error can be resolved with the help of the PDF Recovery Tool. With the tool, you can resolve all types of error and you recover highly corrupted PDF files very easily.
For more info:- https://www.sysinfotools.com/recovery/pdf-recovery.php

- You cannot save it with this tool and to pay 59 USD for full version to repair one PDF is insanity.

Surendaran Chandra Sekaran

Jan 7, 2022, 1:16:09 AM1/7/22
On Friday, October 18, 2002 at 12:07:44 AM UTC+8, Gareth Bright wrote:
> Set the "Default Page Layout" to 'Continuous' - instead of Single Page. Found under "Preferences" in most products (full and reader)
> It worked for me !!

this worked for me. thanks.

Sebastian Lonberg

May 14, 2023, 3:58:25 PM5/14/23
torstai 5. marraskuuta 2020 klo 13.10.00 UTC+3 Zeeshan Sid kirjoitti: https://akrep1.blogspot.com/
> On Thursday, January 23, 2020 at 11:32:26 PM UTC+5:30, wrote: https://akrep102.blogspot.com/
> > On Monday, February 25, 2019 at 8:11:44 AM UTC-6, wrote: https://akrep100.blogspot.com/
> > > On Thursday, October 17, 2002 at 11:07:44 AM UTC-5, Gareth Bright wrote: https://akrep10.blogspot.com/
> > > https://akrep104.blogspot.com/
> > > Using the most up to date Adobe Reader as of this post's date and Windows 10.
> > >
> > > this is my solution:
> > > 1. go to print the document.
> > > 2. print it as an Adobe PDF.
> > > 3. Save it to whatever folder you chose.
> > >
> > > It should work now.
> > this is exactly what I did and it worked. Instead of extracting, I highlighted the pages that I wanted to extract and hit print "To PDF" instead
> Generally, this error can be resolved with the help of the PDF Recovery Tool. With the tool, you can resolve all types of error and you recover highly corrupted PDF files very easily.
> For more info:- https://akrep105.blogspot.com/

It would be costy to pay that amount. Isnt there any free alternative?