Cannot open PDF File-Error 107

Janine Pilon

Jul 4, 2002, 4:42:29 PM7/4/02
I have received a PDF attachment and receive the following message when trying to open up in Adobe Acrobat Reader V5.0 and V3.0
"There was an error opening this document. There was a problem reading this document (107)"

Have tried opening on the following operating systems NT, Windows95 and Windows2000 and receive the same message on all.
Searched the User to User Forum and a similar request asked user to open the document in word and copy the first couple of lines

This is the first couple of lines opened up in Word
%PDF-1.2
%вгПУ

Any help would be much appreciated.

Tom Geschwender

Jul 4, 2002, 9:04:28 PM7/4/02
The PDF was most likely damaged during e-mailing. Ask whomever e-mailed it to you if they have an ftp site where they can post it.

If not, ask them to zip it before they e-amil it again.

John V

Jul 5, 2002, 9:27:54 AM7/5/02
Could very easily be that the PDF needs a later version of Acrobat
reader from Adobe too !

best
John

ashbng_4

Jul 12, 2002, 1:23:33 AM7/12/02
I am also having the same problem in case of PDF files created from Autocad Release 14 drawings.

Any solutions ?

Regards

Ashok

Tom Geschwender

Jul 12, 2002, 12:08:54 PM7/12/02
>Any solutions ? <<

I gave Janine a solution. That isn't good enough for you? You need personalized service?