Oracle Alta UI site / demo application

Mandalam Surendranathkumar

Nov 7, 2014, 2:53:00 PM11/7/14
to adf-methodology
Hi,

Oracle Alta UI site has details on Mobile UI Design, Icon Mobile Design, Icon Web Design Guidelines and link to Demo application.

What components used in this demo application? Is there any new components introduced in Alta UI ? What are the limits, advantages, precautions to be taken care while using components released in earlier versions?

Where can I find all these details?

Regards
Surendranath Kumar

John Flack

Nov 7, 2014, 2:57:28 PM11/7/14
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
I was tempted to ask you to post this on the OTN ADF and JDev forum, but I do think that Alta UI is important for us to discuss here.  So I invite the membership to discuss it in more general terms than just the questions asked by Surendranath.

Shay Shmeltzer

Nov 7, 2014, 5:09:06 PM11/7/14
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
Answers below.

What components used in this demo application?

Those Web UIs are based on the ADF Faces 12.1.3 components. The mobile UIs are based on the Oracle MAF components.

Is there any new components introduced in Alta UI ?

There are no new "alta" components - those are just the regular ADF Faces components with the Alta skin. That being said in the demos you see a lot of usage of new components for data visualization, animation (af:deck) and layout (af:panelGridLayout, af:panelDrawer etc).

What are the limits, advantages, precautions to be taken care while using components released in earlier versions?

Alta UI is aimed to be used with the 12.1.3 version of ADF Faces. However since many of the components are also available in earlier versions of ADF Faces you could adopt various page designs and achieve them with 11.1.1.7 for example. Note that you won't be able to use the Alta skin in older versions.

Where can I find all these details?

We are planning on providing the code for the workbetter Alta application after we clean it a little.
If you have questions about specific parts of the demo please ask those on the OTN forums and we'll be happy to explain how those were implemented.
You'll see more blogs and demos appearing with the time about specific implementation details.

 Shay

Grant Ronald

Nov 10, 2014, 3:50:25 AM11/10/14
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
Just to add, we are throwing around some ideas regarding extra material/training around Alta...if there is enough demand.  If anyone wants to help shape this initiative with ideas or requirements, email me directly off of the DL.

thanks
You received this message because you are subscribed to the ADF Enterprise Methodology Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology). To unsubscribe send email to adf-methodolo...@googlegroups.com

All content to the ADF EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the ADF EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology).

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ADF Enterprise Methodology Group" group.

Grant Ronald, Director of Product Management
Oracle Mobility and Development Tools
Building 520, Oracle Parkway, Reading, Berkshire. RG6 1RA
+44 (0)1189 249124, +44 (0)7767 884635

Author of the Quick Start Guide to Fusion Development: JDeveloper and Oracle ADF

ORACLE Corporation UK Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales | Company Reg. No. 1782505 | Reg. office: Oracle Parkway, Thames Valley Park, Reading RG6 1RA

Faiz Qureshi

Nov 10, 2014, 8:40:25 AM11/10/14
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com

Thank All. This is indeed very useful and will help us.