ADF and Real Application Security feature

David Darte

Mar 12, 2015, 8:32:24 AM3/12/15
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I'm busy with a project that will require to fit particular complex security concerns.  My first idea was to work with the well-know VPD but I discover that with 12c, a much more interesting feature is available : the RAS (real application security).
Does anybody get experience, sample, ... that can be used as a starting point in order to go forward with my analysis and investigation ?  So far, I read the available documentation about RAS but I didn't find any or rare information about ADF working with RAS.
Any help is welcome.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Best regards,

--
David Darte

Compass Consulting sa

Rue Dangé Saint-Romain, 63
L-8261 MAMER
Mobile BE : +32 484905184
Mobile LU : +352 691946444

Srinivasan M

Mar 12, 2015, 11:32:01 AM3/12/15
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
From the block diagram in https://blogs.oracle.com/imc/entry/implementing_database_security_without_affecting

I can see that all the security artifacts seem to be present in both WLS security realm as well as in the DB (with RAS feature). So this may not have anything to be done in ADF - rather the roles we ship through JAZN will now be available in PLSQL/SQL layer & we could leverage that in the DB layer.

Though I have not used this, this is my understanding.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the ADF Enterprise Methodology Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology). To unsubscribe send email to adf-methodolo...@googlegroups.com

All content to the ADF EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the ADF EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology).

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ADF Enterprise Methodology Group" group.

"The best way to make your dreams come true is to wake up." - Paul Valery

David Darte

Mar 25, 2015, 12:55:13 PM3/25/15
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
Srinivasan,
Thanks a lot, I will have a look.
Best regards,
David

fakhri.kharrat

Mar 30, 2015, 8:31:47 AM3/30/15
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I Still using Jdev 11.1.2.3, in this version there is ADF Security, so did oracle replace it with RAS in 12c or it's another architecture.

Thanks
Fakhri Kharrat
Mobile : +968 99 160 533

Mos'ab Abolila

Mar 30, 2015, 9:02:54 AM3/30/15
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
I think you need to use Jdev 12.1.3 .

David Darte

Mar 30, 2015, 9:53:17 AM3/30/15
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
RAS is another technology that can be used with ADF Security and Jdev.  It's much more related to the database side and "application user" defined in the database.