Housekeeping - welcome to Jean-Marc

Chris Muir

Mar 27, 2014, 8:43:49 PM3/27/14
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
A little housekeeping which I should have done some months ago.

Some members of the EMG may have noticed Jean-Marc Desvaux has been more active in signing up new members and other EMG activities.  Jean-Marc has kindly agreed to step up to being an active volunteer for the group and generously donate some of his time to assist the group organizers in running the group.

I'll let Jean-Marc introduce himself in detail, but he has in fact been a long time supporter of the group joining in 2008 (!!), was the artistic mastermind behind our fruity designs at our OOW-ODTUG ADF EMG User Group Sunday sessions, and a frequent contributor to numerous threads within the group (oh, he knows something about ADF too ;-)

Thanks very much for stepping up Jean-Marc, and for joining our other regular volunteers and contributors.  To all our volunteers, your time and effort is greatly appreciated, the group wouldn't exist without your input.

Thank you!

Chris Muir

Jean-Marc Desvaux

Mar 28, 2014, 10:51:30 AM3/28/14
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Chris.
You make me realize the EMG will be on its 6th year soon. Time has gone quite fast !

For those who don't know me, I am from Mauritius & I've been using Oracle technologies for more than 20 years starting with Oracle DB 5 and Forms 2.1. In other words... I'm getting old.:)

When we started with ADF, we took weeks to decide on how we will architect our ADF applications, knowing that we will have to build many and that during our journey we will also have to deal with new versions etc.. Another good thinking process was done on the Security side. I must say it is helping a lot to work on well thought foundations and if I had only one advise to give to anyone engaging in ADF is to not under-estimate that initial thinking.

The ADF EMG has been an important place for us to learn and share during all this time and it is still the right place to discuss on this sort of things.

It's a pleasure to contribute somehow to the Group.

Best Regards to members,

Jean-Marc