MAF and the ADF EMG

John Flack

Jan 19, 2016, 8:17:26 AM1/19/16
to ADF Enterprise Methodology Group
I have a pending post asking a question about MAF.  Before I allow the post, I need to ask the membership a question that the moderators have been discussing privately:

Should we expand the scope of the ADF EMG to include MAF?
Or should a new EMG be created for this? If so, someone else would need to step forward to organize it and moderate.

And, actually, we may need to ask the same questions about Oracle JET and Oracle Cloud Application Builder.

Amr Gawish

Jan 19, 2016, 9:13:02 AM1/19/16
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,
I'd say extending the current EMG to contain them all is ideal to expand the talk and relate to ADF (whenever applicable). I can understand why would you want to make other EMGs but the ADF EMG has been quiet for sometime, and I believe this would be a good opportunity to refresh it!

Regards,
Amr

You received this message because you are subscribed to the ADF Enterprise Methodology Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology). To unsubscribe send email to adf-methodolo...@googlegroups.com

All content to the ADF EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the ADF EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology).

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ADF Enterprise Methodology Group" group.

Vinay Kumar

Jan 19, 2016, 9:29:05 AM1/19/16
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
Hi John,

For me bringing MAF in ADF EMG make sense. It somehow related . But topics like Cloud services and JET and so on. I would prefer to have separate one. If we want to discuss integration for these topics , then that can be discuss in ADF EMG.

Regards
Vinay

Yannick Ongena

Jan 19, 2016, 9:29:08 AM1/19/16
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
And why not create a Mobile EMG instead of just MAF? The new EMG could be a grouping of all the Oracle mobile technologies like MAF, JET, MCS,..

iTreeware

Jan 19, 2016, 9:51:57 AM1/19/16
to ADF Enterprise Methodology Group
Is there a reason MOBILITY can't be grouped together?  JET, MCS, MAF.

Simply Curious.

TheresaStrepek
Senior Consultant

M: 815.529.4162

Mos'ab Abolila

Jan 19, 2016, 12:23:47 PM1/19/16
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
I worked on both they are very related ... i think one EMG for ADF and MAF will be good

Best Regards
Mosab Abolila

Ken Chang

Jan 19, 2016, 12:23:49 PM1/19/16
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
Would anyone think that including MAF would muddy up any of the discussions?  I wouldn't think so.  I'm in favor of including MAF.

Thanks,
Ken

Saif Kamaal

Jan 19, 2016, 12:38:18 PM1/19/16
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com

+1 in favor of EMG for adf and maf.

R,
Saif K
sent from LG

Jeevan G Joseph

Jan 20, 2016, 8:01:43 AM1/20/16
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
This depends on how you dice it - Technology or Domain.

I like Yannick's idea of a mobility EMG - mostly because the mobile domain deals with issues that are different from the web - offline/intermittent access, sync, hardware intergration, nimble APIs, a variety of client technologies and so on. Oracle also has components like MCS that could come under a Mobility EMG - to discuss architectures and patterns for the Mobile Domain. This however has the downside that its likely does not belong in the ADF community, although many of us wear multiple hats and use several toolkits and technologies, it seems a bit un-natural to talk about general mobility an angular like client side frameworks on the ADF EMG.

The alternative is to slice it by technology, MAF is in many ways built on the same concepts as ADF and therefore one might say its targeted at the ADF development community than say the code heavy development approaches of JavaScript based hybrid frameworks. So MAF and ADF simply fits from technology. This might be attractive because the current members of the ADF EMG might see it as a more natural fit, but runs the risk of Mobile developers isolating themselves to a single technology rather than fostering a larger forum on Oracle mobile platform which includes way more components than a client application framework.

Thanks,
Jeevan
please do not print this e-mail unless you really need to

John Flack

Jan 20, 2016, 8:16:30 AM1/20/16
to ADF Enterprise Methodology Group
Thank you all for your thoughtful responses - please feel free to keep the discussion going.

But in the meantime, my sense of the group is that you wouldn't mind if I allow an MAF post now, with the understanding that this may change if someone starts a new EMG.
(By the way - did you know that there are already two other Enterprise Methodology Groups?  OBIEE Enterprise Methodology Group and WebCenter EMG. If you are interested, check them out.)

Jean-Marc Desvaux

Jan 20, 2016, 10:07:31 AM1/20/16
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
Hi to All,

My fault !
Following the moderators discussion John was talking about, I was supposed to trigger a survey on this question to sound members on having a new EMG group for mobile : MAF, JET, MCS and including MAF in ADF EMG or not etc... since a few months now but was completely absorbed by too many other things and did not find time for it.

Apologize for this.

Butat the same time that was not too bad to have delayed this. First because now I'm sure I won't have the time required to promote and manage a new EMG group and second because I now think like many of you in this thread that MAF can be included in ADF EMG discussions.

However, I'm still fully for a new EMG group to discuss Mobile architecture and integration because as soon as you will discuss MAF you will potentially slide to MCS, to Offline sync technologies, to Mobile security and many things that could quickly bring us far from ADF and MAF and thus won't have its place in ADF EMG.

So I think the best will be to include MAF in ADF EMG and have someone step in to kick, promote & manage a new Mobile EMG group.

I take the opportunity to wish you all the very best for this new year (january nearly finished already!).

Cheers,
Jean-Marc

iTreeware

Jan 20, 2016, 1:30:41 PM1/20/16
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
I concur.  It makes sense to divide forums by DOMAIN.  Mobility has its own unique qualities.  MAF, JET, MCS.

MCS will drive its own mobile-specific conversation as it opens up a new frontier of development conversation in AngularJS, .NET, Xamarin!

TheresaStrepek
Middleware Technical Consultant
Mobility Specialized

M: 815.529.4162