Announcing - SonarQube Extension for JDeveloper 11g

John Flack

Aug 5, 2014, 3:19:24 PM8/5/14
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
We just got the following announcement from Jaspal Singh Saluja (jaspal...@gmail.com) which we thought would be of interest to the group:

Announcing - SonarQube Extension for JDeveloper 11gSonarQube

Extension for JDeveloper 11g, to report violations identified by Quality Profiles setup in SonarQube.

 Prerequisites

  1. Project/Workspace should be configured for local maven builds, and Sonar
  2. Sonar portal should be up and running

 Installation

  1. Download extension org.jsaluja.oracle.jdev.sonar.zip from https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2TK6N3XnvavLTN5a0dXc2xXZHM/edit?usp=sharing
  2. Jdeveloper - Help - Check for updates - Install from Local file - org.jsaluja.oracle.jdev.sonar.zip

 Usage

  1. Configure Jdeveloper - Tools - Preferences - Sonar
  2. Right click Workspace, Project or File and click on Sonar context menu

Note

  1. I have tested the Extension on Jdeveloper 11.1.1.7, plan to release version for Jdeveloper 12 shortly
  2. Version 1.0 is a start, based on feedback from developer community, I plan to enhance it further. (some of enhancements are under progress)
  3. Suggestions, feedback from the group members are welcome
He also noted:

The extension itself is free. I have tested against both free and commercial installations of SonarQube, results are the same

The extension does not promote or encourage buying SonarQube.

I have planned few enhancements for future, including support for Jdev 12, ojaudit, and multi languages.

My intention was to get feedback from ADF EMG and larger developer community to further improve ADF/ Java code quality and this extension.

Jaspal Singh Saluja

Aug 5, 2014, 4:09:35 PM8/5/14
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com

Suggestions, feedback from the group members are welcome

Thanks,
Jaspal

You received this message because you are subscribed to the ADF Enterprise Methodology Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology). To unsubscribe send email to adf-methodolo...@googlegroups.com

All content to the ADF EMG lies under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0/). Any content sourced must be attributed back to the ADF EMG with a link to the Google Group (http://groups.google.com/group/adf-methodology).

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "ADF Enterprise Methodology Group" group.

Jaspal Singh Saluja

Navin Kumar

Aug 22, 2014, 2:32:12 PM8/22/14
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com
Is separate sonar jar available for JDeveloper 11.1.2.4? I could not install it on JDeveloper 11.1.2.4.

Regards

Navin

Jaspal Singh Saluja

Aug 22, 2014, 4:20:41 PM8/22/14
to adf-met...@googlegroups.com, navi...@gmail.com
Navin,

The Extension has been accepted by Oracle, and is available as a Jdeveloper upgrade

Please find details here

Thanks,
Jaspal